Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hope Powell sacked

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If the Euros are anything to go by, this has to be a good thing. She struck me as the female equivalent of Tony Pulis.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wait till the PC brigade get hold of this, racism and sexism all rolled into one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sacking a woman? Disgraceful.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Wait till the PC brigade get hold of this, racism and sexism all rolled into one.

:lolol:

First thing that came to my mind as well.

It's odd though as a few years ago she was held in very high regard and I thought the football she had them playing was really good. Where did it all go wrong?

I may have been fooled into thinking it was good football as I spent most of my time watching the lovely Rachel Unitt

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You can only cling on to Hope for so long...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

But look who brought those subjects into this thread....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Step forward Cherie Lunghi

manageress1.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hope Powell is the female equivalent of the worst type of British manager. A non-achiever who can sell themselves until the cows come home. Full of motivational speak and soundbite but scratch below the surface and there ain't a lot there.
How she has survived so long defies belief. Is it that the authorities are so desperate to be pc, that they have just persevered with her and in the complete absence of a credible replacement, dear old ' Bob ' has lingered long past her sell-by date.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's not the despair, Laura, I can cope with the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here