Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumble Bees Death Spiral

I have noticed recently that Bumble Bees are dying at an alarming rate, outside my office there are at least 10 dead Bees in the small smoking area/patio.

Is this normal for this time of year or is there something more sinister at work.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
plenty down here in Eastbourne blooming great things to
your dead ones could be drones?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I have noticed recently that Bumble Bees are dying at an alarming rate, outside my office there are at least 10 dead Bees in the small smoking area/patio.

Is this normal for this time of year or is there something more sinister at work.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First it was the honey bees, now it's the bumbles. Where will it end?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've always been led to believe that like many insects, Bumble Bees have a short and active life and so when you see a "dead Bee" then it has simply served its purpose and worked itself to death?

I've always been led to believe that like many insects, Bumble Bees have a short and active life and so when you see a "dead Bee" then it has simply served its purpose and worked itself to death?

Shit load of working going on here then, and not much of it done by me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Loads of lovely BEES up on my plot, aided by lots of purple flowers about.

Went for a cream tea at Littlington last weekend and couldn't BELIEVE thenumber of wasps.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

As per the link I just posted, it appears you are pretty much correct.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Very sad, there is a Red Tail Bumble Bee nest under the hedge outside our office too and that seems to have gone now.

Many a lunch hour spent watching the industrious little insects come and go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here