Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relief for Ward as Albion get off the mark [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Relief for Ward as Albion get off the mark[/h]12:00pm Monday 19th August 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
2594480.jpg
Stephen Ward, centre, makes his Albion debut
STEPHEN Ward is relieved Albion are off the mark after a winning debut.
The Republic of Ireland left-back, signed on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers for the rest of the season, helped the Seagulls to their first clean sheet of the campaign in the 1-0 victory at Birmingham.
Ward, above, told The Argus: “I spoke to a few of the boys during the week and they probably deserved more from the first two games, so I think the way we played we thoroughly deserved the win.
“It’s important to get the first win because the longer it goes the harder it gets. It was nice, coming away from home and obviously being my debut. Hopefully we can kick on from here.”
Ward consulted a former Wolves colleague about Albion before completing his move to The Amex.
He revealed: “I spoke to a couple of people who have just raved about it, like Sam Vokes who was down here on loan from Wolves.
“I didn’t ask around a lot. I wanted to come straight away really, but he just texted me and said how nice it was. It’s a good move for me.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here