Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham v Brighton (30 minute video) on Blues Player

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Why do all the other teams stick up decent video times, last week a FULL game was loaded on wasn't it? Yet we get offered just highlights or am I wrong?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why do all the other teams stick up decent video times, last week a FULL game was loaded on wasn't it? Yet we get offered just highlights or am I wrong?

No you are not wrong. Some clubs put the full 90 minutes up. Some even put the electronic programme up a few days after the game as well. Just basic stuff from our club.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thanks for the link
I normally go and look at the opposing teams player as they normally show more than the seagulls player
where were the Brums crowd
our two new boys looked as though they had played for us for years
Brum better than some have said
good commentary
can we have him to do ours please

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
Am I the only subscriber who's getting irritated by our clubs service with regard to the content (or lack of) of the seagulls player. Recently the highlights of games have appeared on Facebook and Youtube and you can always access Sky online to view the goals. Our content seems to lack substance if you want to watch the away games. I know as a subscriber I can always check out the Away teams player to see if they have a longer version than our pawltry offering, but I feel, I shouldn't need to. A question on "ask the club" has just been answered by "insider", with a coded reply that smacked of "if you don't like whats on offer you can always purchase the DVD". This is OK for home games but not for our away games.
Having watched "The Blues" version (with it's far superior commentry), I had a much better understanding of how we performed as a team and how the new boys slotted in to Oscar's set up. I now feel far happier that this offered a better taster for the forthcoming weeks than all the 5 minute interviews that follow the game and the proceeding build up to Saturdays game.
In short, I'm not happy that I'm getting value for money, as I subscribed to see a decent replay of the games, and the way it's programmed at the moment falls far short of my expectations. Should we make the prem what would Seagull TV offer.
If it doesn't change soon, I'll have no alternative other than voting with my feet/fee.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If it doesn't change soon, I'll have no alternative other than voting with my feet/fee.

I'm not sure they are bothered .. or they would have done something about it long ago. I'm a bit stuffed as many others in that the only way I can actually listen to games I can't get to is via player as I can't get BBC Sussex here ... otherwise I'd bin it

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i'd love it if the club put up full-length highlights videos, it would mean that exiles all over the world could track the progress of our team PROPERLY and not just comment on players' ability based on CRAP radio coverage.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Am I the only subscriber who's getting irritated by our clubs service with regard to the content (or lack of) of the seagulls player. Recently the highlights of games have appeared on Facebook and Youtube and you can always access Sky online to view the goals. Our content seems to lack substance if you want to watch the away games. I know as a subscriber I can always check out the Away teams player to see if they have a longer version than our pawltry offering, but I feel, I shouldn't need to. A question on "ask the club" has just been answered by "insider", with a coded reply that smacked of "if you don't like whats on offer you can always purchase the DVD". This is OK for home games but not for our away games.
Having watched "The Blues" version (with it's far superior commentry), I had a much better understanding of how we performed as a team and how the new boys slotted in to Oscar's set up. I now feel far happier that this offered a better taster for the forthcoming weeks than all the 5 minute interviews that follow the game and the proceeding build up to Saturdays game.
In short, I'm not happy that I'm getting value for money, as I subscribed to see a decent replay of the games, and the way it's programmed at the moment falls far short of my expectations. Should we make the prem what would Seagull TV offer.

to be honest its never been that good, but while I lived in Wales and really for all those who are not local, some on the other side of the world it is the only direct contact, now I am back home so to speak its really only the interviews, and highlights as I could listen to the commentary on the radio.
seagulls player has never been that reliable, people not turning things on, turning on the wrong commentary, or no commentary at all which has happened recently, the insider has always passed on any complaints and has always been available.
I do think that recently it has been a take it or leave it job never any apology (although there was one for the last fiasco) and some time ago I tweeted the commentator who did say in so many words it was not his job to ensure the commentary got out.
Ah yes the commentators most of the co-commentators are Ok, but Cantor is pretty useless you never know who he is talking about and when I found out he was doing the job again this season it filled me with dread, poor old Warren Aspinal although he has trouble pronouncing some of the names (he has had a stroke) has more knowledge of the game than most not only about our players but about the opposition as well (I think he still scouts for the Albion).
I miss Sir Norman Gall
I miss the very long interviews before the match from Gus
Seagulls player =think about a length of wet string
commentaries that included Bob Booker were great (they were also including Tim Humphries (sp))
and now the extended ones have the radio commentary with sodding CANTOR again
we are no longer fans we are CUSTOMERS......................................and MUSHROOMS

if I could get to the Amex the vids on youtube would probably do
until then I am off the sprinkle some water on that string

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
BHA do not offer as good a service as other clubs do, as others have said many other clubs do 30 mins or more !

BUT, other clubs service tends to come with a bias in favour of their team, showing their best moves etc., and therefore does not necessarily give a true reflection of the action.

Come on Albion ????

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
I just don't understand why we're being short changed in comparison to other clubs. Is it a club policy to promote the "Seagull player" knowing that it's a poor service compared to other championship rivals? Do the clubs pay more if it contains more content/minutes?
Even though last weeks was provided by the Blues the commentary showed little bias and was a far better representation of the game when compared to our own players limited highlights. In it's present form I couldn't recommend our version of the player as value for money to anyone. The most interesting interview so far this season has been Andrews feelings about his former club, which was seized upon by the national media. All the others, are just obvious questions with obvious replies. The only thing you gain from them is some insight into the character of the player. I don't think I need to comment on the shambolic radio commentary situation as this has been covered enough within this forum.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As long as the club contunue to sell match day dvds there will always be a reluctance to put 30 mins worth of highlights up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As long as the club contunue to sell match day dvds there will always be a reluctance to put 30 mins worth of highlights up.

nailed
:annoyed:

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
Most of the DVD's are/were of home games and many failed to sell (becoming a hospitality gift). It's the away performance that most fans don't see, that would be most welcome in 30 minute form. If it conflicts with a future DVD promotion, let it have a 30 day post match online window within the player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here