Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at man City.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
How quiet was that? Truly shocking. I know the game was over by half time, but even so...

In fact apart from Man Utd at Swansea, and the Everton fans at Norwich, all the Prem games have had next to no atmosphere.

And before our Palace fans come on here, a drum and twenty black clad spotty teenagers doesn't make an atmosphere.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
How quiet was that? Truly shocking. I know the game was over by half time, but even so...

In fact apart from Man Utd at Swansea, and the Everton fans at Norwich, all the Prem games have had next to no atmosphere.

And before our Palace fans come on here, a drum and twenty black clad spotty teenagers doesn't make an atmosphere.

To be honest, take off the tinted glasses, Palace's atmosphere against Spurs was good. Not as good as ours when we're on top form, but I wouldn't mind the Amex being like that every week (bar the drum, that can be shoved up their arse)

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Bad atmosphere in the premier league? Never!

And Palace did have a good atmosphere, not a fan of a drum but they did make some decent noise..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
After every game someone starts banging on about atmosphere. Give it a rest. I like a sing song, a good clap here and there. I also like to watch amd think about the game. The reality is casual singers like me made a choice to be outside the North, where the singers are. Those who want to sing and shout choose to be in the North.

Withdean was the best of both worlds, good view of the game and a collection of vocalists in Block H. Simpler times.

C

CT1

We can't pretend the atmosphere at Selhurst wasn't decent on sunday.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Selhurst isn't the worst atmosphere at all.

Man City is plastic-ville surely, although don't they have a 'dedicated' singing section?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Erm Amex been a library for a year now.

No it hasn't. We don't have the best of atmospheres ( not helped by the way noise doesn't travel well in the stadium) but it is not like a library. The home end at Birmingham last Saturday could be compared to a library but not the Amex. We do make noise, but just in small sections.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was in the Man City end for last years cup final and their fans were very quiet bar moaning at their team and arguing with each other.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are a reactionary crowd, always have been, if nothings happening we do/say nothing.

Stick us in with a passionate away following or have a spell like the second half 10 minutes v Derby and we're off.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Always comes with success, if you get used to seeing your team win comfortably at home all season, same happened at Chelsea. Used to go to Stamford Bridge a few times in the 90's when it was Wise, Zola etc and they had the best atmosphere in the Prem, loads of songs. Nowadays its terrible, just grown men with silly homemade banners.

Brighton prolly learnt from City, i think when they moved to the new stadium, they didn't try and sell a certain stand like we have with the North. And the singers had nowhere to congregate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here