Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under the dome

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I just read a BBC article on it. Some suggestion that King didn't like the way the book finished. I thought it was as duff a finish as it could get, but it seems the ending is different for the show. I've only read 2 King books and couldn't stomach any more; he sure can tell a story but in my limited experience hasn't got a clue about how to end.

I reckon it'll be good. Plussed it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ripping off Simpsons the Movie isnt it? i'm not buying it on principle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just read a BBC article on it. Some suggestion that King didn't like the way the book finished. I thought it was as duff a finish as it could get,

I absolute loved this book, from the start, right through until about 40 pages from the end. The explanation for the dome, is hilariously crap. So crap, that I felt ANGRY, that I'd wasted a week of my life reading the first 500 pages and getting into it.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
I absolute loved this book, from the start, right through until about 40 pages from the end. The explanation for the dome, is hilariously crap. So crap, that I felt ANGRY, that I'd wasted a week of my life reading the first 500 pages and getting into it.

Totally agree with this. Laughable ending. I found the ending to the "Dark Tower" series equally disappointing, and that was 4250 pages long.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I've been watching it as it's been shown in the US, I've found it pretty watchable. I see that they have renewed it for a second series, it must be difficult to write a TV show based upon a book not knowing how many episodes you're going to have.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here