Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

D

Deleted User X18H

Disgraceful " sitting in the back of a Police van screeching " do,you know who I am?" No love, none of your constituents have a clue.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Look at me. Look at me. You two would go well together, Timothy.

Oh and worth nothing that being arrested does not mean a by-election is imminent.

Oh and I'm with her. F**k off Frackers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe she is fracked now for good

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I bet the Chief Constable's ears are burning this evening but good on Sussex Police for upholding the law. I hope they aren't influenced to back down.

No intelligent voter will swallow Lucas's belated attempt to jump on the media frenzy at Balcombe or her wailing in front of the cameras, its just a cheap stunt and her rhetoric does nothing to further the proper debate on fracking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i read this morning she said "i'm prepared to be arrested". to be arrested means you are breaking the law (or resonable suspicion of). so a member of parliament went out today with the intention of publically breaking the law? marvellous. (im aware they do so frequenty un-publically, i do expect at least some discretion)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Good constituency MP, great on local issues. I'll be voting for her again next time.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Good constituency MP, great on local issues. I'll be voting for her again next time.

I agree about the good constituency MP. But that does not give her carte blanche to break the law. If she's prosecuted, good, nobody is above the law, despite what MP's would like to think.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Disgraceful " sitting in the back of a Police van screeching " do,you know who I am?" No love, none of your constituents have a clue.

What a surprise, the BBC put a very different spin on it. Sounds like it's the police who were 'disgraceful'. And the fact you have quoted her as "screeching" in the back of the van (were you there?) when she was apparently very calm when she was arrested, along with the other peaceful protestors, is possibly libellous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23753750

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I can't seem to get past a person charged with passing laws being arrested for breaking one? Seems a bit hypocritical no matter what the cause.

Surely the law makers should respect the law?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I expected nothing less of her. It was a no-brainer her getting involved. It would seem some people on here prefer snivellling right-wingers who suck up to big business, who are looking to make a killing at the expense of the environment. One planet, unfettered economic growth with finite resources. It's not sustainable. Leave something for our grandchildren FFS!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here