Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out of interest

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
Now Stephen Taylor has been set off , how many English players are on the pitch , man city vs Newcastle ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is that why the place is quieter than a quiet thing? Thought city fans were supposed to be the best in the world, or is that just their opinion ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It is a complete joke. Give some bloody English players a go. This is ENGLAND; it's the ENGLISH Premier League. I liked the game when we maybe had one or two johnny foreigners per game and you could pronounce the name of pretty much every player on the pitch. Starting to go off this nonsense.

And we're just as bad. At least our last couple of signings have English sounding names.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that why the place is quieter than a quiet thing? Thought city fans were supposed to be the best in the world, or is that just their opinion ?

I thought that accolade went to Pompey fans.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It is a complete joke. Give some bloody English players a go. This is ENGLAND; it's the ENGLISH Premier League. I liked the game when we maybe had one or two johnny foreigners per game and you could pronounce the name of pretty much every player on the pitch. Starting to go off this nonsense.

And we're just as bad. At least our last couple of signings have English sounding names.

Bring back the days of Russell Slade signing very traditional sounding British names like Tunnicliffe and Thornhill.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

It's weird how clubs try to invest so much money in scouting for home-grown talent and developing English youngsters' skills in academies, but still end up spending a mint on foreign players. Just like all other industries and products in the UK, we rely too heavily on imports from abroad. That said mind, I'm not sure I'm in favour of tighter regulation re: capping numbers of foreign players. Although it levels out the playing field and encourages local talent to flourish, I think it's just a step too far in terms of restrictions and interference by the FA. It's a toughy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jesus Navas is utter toilet. Utter, utter toilet. I watch Spanish football so I've known it for a few years. Pace, that is it. Headless chicken, bombs down the wing and hopes for the best.

£15million. Because he's Spanish.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Jesus Navas is utter toilet. Utter, utter toilet. I watch Spanish football so I've known it for a few years. Pace, that is it. Headless chicken, bombs down the wing and hopes for the best.

£15million. Because he's Spanish.

Agree about his ability but that appears to be the going rate for a player of that ability. How much would City of had to pay for the English equalvent of Walcott or Lennon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here