Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Carragher

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry to say this but he is totally shit on Sky, the scouse accent is dreadful.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Haven't seen him as a pundit so I can't comment but I loved him as a player and as a person, one of my non-Albion football heroes

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
nothing to do with his accent, I just really don't like him as a pundit

D

Deleted member 18477

He hasn't impressed tonight. I felt very awkward watching him earlier, as though he didn't really have a clue what he was going to say. He clearly froze and ended up repeating himself a lot as a result. He's also got that footballer trait of saying "you know" between every third word, which is extremely annoying and something that really doesn't sound good on television so I'm sure they'll iron that out of him. His partnership with G-Nev has been talked up a lot though so it could just be a case of first night nerves.

Haha i agree you know...

You know you know is bloody annoying! G-Nev is the man. Rarely says you know etc. He just Pauses and waits then comes out with something actually interesting unlike a lot of pundits.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I think hes good, great knowledge of the game, remember Gerrad I think it was saying that Jamie watches all sorts of obscure games, he comes into training asking if anyone watched a game in Afghanistan or somewhere random haha he knows football inside out.

Always takes a while to get to used to new pundits, remember people saying they didnt like Neville to start with, hes one of the best pundits in years now.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I've never been so glad to hear Gary Neville speak after Carraghers half time analysis using the video playback. Was painful. He's got a lot to learn regards this Sky punditry game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think hes good, great knowledge of the game, remember Gerrad I think it was saying that Jamie watches all sorts of obscure games, he comes into training asking if anyone watched a game in Afghanistan or somewhere random haha he knows football inside out.

Always takes a while to get to used to new pundits, remember people saying they didnt like Neville to start with, hes one of the best pundits in years now.

Bizarre then that - being such a football expert - he spent around 20 years launching the ball into row Z, scoring own goals and giving away penalties.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I thought he was OK. He made some good points on ITV at the Euros last summer once you could understand what he was saying. The chemistry between him and Gary Neville is going to take time to work, but I'm sure it will be fun if they are on together for Liverpool-Man United in a couple of weekends' time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Watched him before and didn't like at all . Was better last night . Him and Neville will be a good combo ... If you can get over his ridiculous accent

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Was disapointed when i heard he was going to be MNF, because its been so good with Neville and the other guy the last couple of seasons. I gotta say it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be, might be an interesting dynamic him and Neville, because they won't agree on anything for the sake of it.

I could see a few times Neville was holding back sometimes to allow Carragher time, i was just wanting to know what Neville wanted to say.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well I thought he was decent, real passion for the game, and will get better by the week.

Neville is first class

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here