Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meze in Brighton

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
What's the best restaurant to go for Meze in Brighton and is it possible to get a decent take away? I tried the Infinity foods café on Saturday but feel there must be better available.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I like Estia in Hampton Place, but i haven't been for about 5 years. If it's still there and under the same ownership, i'd recommend it. In fact, it's making me hungry thinking about it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Kambis along Western Road. Used to be brilliant, then closed down for the longest refurbishment in history. Re-opened a few months ago (looking just the same as before); I haven't been back since it opened again but if it was like it was, it's deffo the best.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Kambis along Western Road. Used to be brilliant, then closed down for the longest refurbishment in history. Re-opened a few months ago (looking just the same as before); I haven't been back since it opened again but if it was like it was, it's deffo the best.

Back that. Also Terre a Terre . Not cheap and not Middle Eastern but good.

Terre à Tapas Plate (vo/gfo) 23.00
A selection of lovelies from around the menu - For two to share.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like Estia in Hampton Place, but i haven't been for about 5 years. If it's still there and under the same ownership, i'd recommend it. In fact, it's making me hungry thinking about it.

I agree that Estia USED to be excellent, In recent years alas standards seem to have seriously slipped. In fact in my last visit a few weeks ago I mentioned to the waitress that the bottle of retsina that l'd ordered wasn't cold, Oh she replied, l suppose you will want me to take it down to Waitrose and put it in their chiller cabinet. When l replied that this was indeed the case, she did so but with enormously poor grace. When the bottle was returned to me some half an hour later it was still luke warm!.

In my opinion, Estia has been usurped in quality and service by both Archipelagos at Norfolk Square, and Steki's opposite the West Pier for Greek cuisine and mezze.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I agree that Estia USED to be excellent, In recent years alas standards seem to have seriously slipped. In fact in my last visit a few weeks ago I mentioned to the waitress that the bottle of retsina that l'd ordered wasn't cold, Oh she replied, l suppose you will want me to take it down to Waitrose and put it in their chiller cabinet. When l replied that this was indeed the case, she did so but with enormously poor grace. When the bottle was returned to me some half an hour later it was still luke warm!.

In my opinion, Estia has been usurped in quality and service by both Archipelagos at Norfolk Square, and Steki's opposite the West Pier for Greek cuisine and mezze.

Thanks - I'll remember that.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
In fact in my last visit a few weeks ago I mentioned to the waitress that the bottle of retsina that l'd ordered wasn't cold, Oh she replied, l suppose you will want me to take it down to Waitrose and put it in their chiller cabinet. When l replied that this was indeed the case, she did so but with enormously poor grace. When the bottle was returned to me some half an hour later it was still luke warm!.

You really asked the waitress to chill it at Waitrose? Thats a bit harsh.

(Plus that chiller machine is rubbish).

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

Another vote for Kambis, very good!

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here