Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development squad playing at Swansea tonight

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The development squad are playing at Swansea City tonight in the opening league fixture of the PDL 2 South (not that you would know it from the club; the fixtures aren't even on the official site, and nothing tweeted).

The side is (and thanks to Swansea City's official site for the info):-Walton; Barry, Richards, Dunk (capt), Chicksen; Joshua Barton, Starkey, Ince, March; Barker, Dickenson. Subs: Smith, Hunt, Rea, Asmundsson, Goodwin.

Joshua Barton is a trialist who was released by Aston Villa in the summer. He is 19, a right-sided midfielder who is meant to be pacy; also a Northern Ireland U-19 international.

Albion have taken the lead through Chicksen (a clearance cannoned off him into the net).

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Playing 442 then. I thought each team in the BHAFC ladder was meant to play 433 as part of some continuity thing?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Argus also mentioned Jesse Starkey who is a trialist from Chelsea.

Seems to be a local lad: Jesse signed as an Under-12 after leaving Portsmouth and hails from Brighton. A diminutive left-footed midfielder, he is technically very strong and controls the tempo of a game. He is also adept at free-kicks.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Playing 442 then. I thought each team in the BHAFC ladder was meant to play 433 as part of some continuity thing?

Solly is probably playing the Buckley role.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Would say that was just the way it has been written. Much more likely to be March and Dickenson on the wings with Barker though middle.

Interesting to see Walton start over Smith who I'm pretty sure was the DS No 1 last season

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Would say that was just the way it has been written. Much more likely to be March and Dickenson on the wings with Barker though middle.

Interesting to see Walton start over Smith who I'm pretty sure was the DS No 1 last season

Didn't we pay a fair bit to plymouth for Walton? £200k rings a bell

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Swansea City FC ‏@SwansOfficial 1m
Full time: Swans 1 Brighton 2

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I know that Josh Barton is on trial. Very pacey right sided midfielder. Surprised Villa let him go to be honest

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 29s
Injury-time volley by Rohan Ince earned #bhafc development squad their 2-1 win. Good couple of weeks for him.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Nice bit of revenge. I recall them smashing the development squad last season at the Amex. I think thats correct?

Yep, they beat Albion 4-1. I seem to remember that LuaLua had a bit of a mare, but then pulled his socks up and came on as a sub at the Valley and scored against Charlton the following weekend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here