Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Derby Fans in Court...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
2 per home game... "pour encourager les autres"... 46 + 2 more for any home cup games!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet they are absolutely gob-smacked.

I'd imagine Derbystandchat is pretty unhappy, 'cos it's banter, innit'.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It's a football match ffs. Leave people alone.

I'm also unhappy that when I type "ffs", I am spellchecked to "FFP"!!! Barber out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Millwall could be 100+ if it weren't for all the police being otherwise engaged

Feel sorry for Darren and his team. There is a line where banter turns nasty and it isnt easy. I saw and heard one lad in the van after the Derby game and he had every chance to have gone home with a warning but just would not let up.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Next two home games - Burnley and Millwall. Hmmmmm? Could see a serious spike?

Using my unique scientific formula: 22 League Games left plus maybe at least one FA Cup game - lets say an average of 2.25 visitors get nicked. Throw in a margin of swing slightly downwards of minus ten and I think another 42 visiting supporters will be up before the beak at John Street. Including the two Derby Fans, I therefore say 44 for the season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What idiots, they would have clearly been told to stop and then continued.

(I'm assuming these must have been caught stood outside the south stand after the game, giving it the billy big bollocks.)

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Bit over the top if you ask me , when will it end ? How many Brighton fans sing 'You fat *******' is that not the same ? when will that become a criminal offence ? Just a bit of banter if you ask me does no one any harm , sticks and stones and all that ! Now they will get a fine and have to come all the way from Humberside for the court hearing , well over the top !

This is my opinion and away supporters can call me all what they want and will get it back ))) no wonder there is no atmosphere these days.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This just on Twitter, a Football Supporters Federation caseworker..

FSF Faircop ‏@FSF_FairCop 36s
Three fans in touch today for legal advice. Two charged with homophobic chanting and one with pitch encroachment.

Bit of a conflict of interest for them. I presume they are bothered about fans receiving homophobic abuse, as they would be for racial abuse. But also appearing to stand up for the rights of those charged...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bit over the top if you ask me , when will it end ? How many Brighton fans sing 'You fat *******' is that not the same ? when will that become a criminal offence ? Just a bit of banter if you ask me does no one any harm , sticks and stones and all that ! Now they will get a fine and have to come all the way from Humberside for the court hearing , well over the top !

This is my opinion and away supporters can call me all what they want and will get it back ))) no wonder there is no atmosphere these days.

Yeah cos if you can't do racist and homo chanting you cannot get an atmosphere can you ?

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
what constitutes homophobic chanting ..........

"we can see you holding hands" ............ Is that ?? ........ doesn't seem to me but perhaps at 47 Im losing touch with whats unacceptable ........

Being a self confessed Nancy and possibly the biggest Pretty boy on NSC, I really don't think it's worth wasting money on taking people to court for this. The best way to deal with these Gents is to simply ban them from all football grounds and make them do community service on every Saturday afternoon of the football season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here