Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

driver with a dog on his lap

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With reference to the recent thread on the governments intentions to stiffen penalties for mobile phone use whilst driving etc.. :ffsparr:what does the board recommend for a driver with a dog on his lap which was half out the window while he negotiated a roundabout one handed ..he was holding onto it with the other

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
dogs_in_car.jpg

This happens a lot!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I keep thinking of Gillian Taylforth for some reason

Very good; was the dog interfering with his ability to drive and which position was it in? (doggy?)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With reference to the recent thread on the governments intentions to stiffen penalties for mobile phone use whilst driving etc.. :ffsparr:what does the board recommend for a driver with a dog on his lap which was half out the window while he negotiated a roundabout one handed ..he was holding onto it with the other

Quite common here.

Sometimes the dog steers so the driver can take a call on his mobile :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
On a serious note, anyone who does that is utterly stupid and deserves to have the book thrown at them. Could it qualify for dangerous driving. What if the dog saw a cat and reacted accordingly.

I do enjoy the jokes too, though.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Friend of mine used to be a taxi driver, and always drove around with his dog on his lap - right up until he drove into the back of someone at a roundabout, neatly breaking the dog's neck across the steering wheel. Don't know whether it was a Rover or not....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Quite common here.

Sometimes the dog steers so the driver can take a call on his mobile :)

happens a lot in Wales as well
no seat belt,on the phone while trying to keep the dogs and children under control
always thought if they sent the highways police into Wales they wipe out the national debt in one week

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Why FFS about stiffening penalties for people driving whilst on mobiles ?
You wouldn't be saying that if one of the idiots on their mobiles mowed down a member of your family because their head was looking down texting their wife to see whats for dinner !! FFS :ffsparr:

People who read maps, have dogs on their laps etc should get the same punishments too by the way.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Why the facepalm?

Driving on the M 25 today I saw a guy either texting or possibly even surfing the web on his phone whilst driving his van. IMO the sooner bigger fines and more points are given to these idiots the better.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Why the facepalm?

Driving on the M 25 today I saw a guy either texting or possibly even surfing the web on his phone whilst driving his van. IMO the sooner bigger fines and more points are given to these idiots the better.

I drove up to Norfolk on Friday and on the m25 saw a couple in the front of an a4 with the bloke driving & looked like texting on his phone with a little girl (no older than 5) standing on the back seat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why the facepalm?

erm the facepalm should hav been at the end of the thread re the dog bit...i was using my phone (parked i might add) ..ok? or shall l get on my knees and beg forgiveness

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why FFS about stiffening penalties for people driving whilst on mobiles ?
You wouldn't be saying that if one of the idiots on their mobiles mowed down a member of your family because their head was looking down texting their wife to see whats for dinner !! FFS :ffsparr:

People who read maps, have dogs on their laps etc should get the same punishments too by the way.

oi...steady on old chap ...see my other post re face palm ...i think the chat about mobiles was discussed at great length on a recent thread ..i was merely broading it out to cover dogs on laps half out window other half being held on too..ok!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here