Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Month Panesar To Be Released

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Sussex CCC and Monty Panesar will part company at the end of this season.

This follows the urinating on a bouncer incident last week.

Source: SSN

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It had to happen. Monty's head is all over the place at the moment, with his messy divorce with his wife which is in progress as we speak. The Urinating on the Bouncer was what broke the camel back for us and Mark Robinson.

Now the hunt is on to find a decent spinner for next season............

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It had to happen. Monty's head is all over the place at the moment, with his messy divorce with his wife which is in progress as we speak. The Urinating on the Bouncer was what broke the camel back for us and Mark Robinson.

Now the hunt is on to find a decent spinner for next season............

Give Beer a go and see how he does for the rest of the season. No spinner in Division 1 has done much this year due to the pitches, it wouldn't make sense to spend big on a spinner.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That would be lunacy - he's the only real class bowler we've got - even if he is a bit crap at the moment by comparison with previous seasons.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A shame it has worked out the way if has, but it seems that his attention was elsewhere this season. Silly boy needs to get his act together. I think a winter call up is a bit far fetched!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Typical we lose him just before last two month CC1 games - just when he will be most effective

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
"I believe that if I maintain the bowling progress I have made in recent weeks which enabled me to be selected for the Test squad at Old Trafford, I can fulfil my long-held ambition of becoming the best spin bowler in the world, over time."

And I want to be an astronaut Monty but it a'int ever going to happen. I don't think this is such bad news, in this day and age I don't really think you can afford a fronline spinner who can only really play 4 day cricket.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Probably had to go but I think Monty seriously needs an effective support network around him right now. Divorce, drinking, bit out of control and being sacked - cricketers have a very high depression rate and Monty is showing all the signs. I hope there is some safety net that is going to support this man - and I don't just mean another club signing him, because that may not help with the underlying issues - and will certainly bring new pressures.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably had to go but I think Monty seriously needs an effective support network around him right now. Divorce, drinking, bit out of control and being sacked - cricketers have a very high depression rate and Monty is showing all the signs. I hope there is some safety net that is going to support this man - and I don't just mean another club signing him, because that may not help with the underlying issues - and will certainly bring new pressures.

He seems to be doing a good job of trying to sweep it all under the carpet. Talking about being picked for the winter tour and how he believes he can be the best spinner in the world.

I do hope there is a safety net, if he genuinely needs help. If he's just being a prat then good riddance.

This must be our first 'sacking' since we got rid of Giddins for his drug habit.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
According to the Guardian report he was out with Hamilton Brown when he got wrecked - who also has previous form at Surrey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here