Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solheim Cup 2013

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Stayed up till nearly 2 in the Morning, to witness History and see Europe finally win in the United States. The player of the Tournament for me, had to be the 17 year old Rookie Charley Hull, she totally blew away Creamer and won 5/4 to get the ball rolling.

Shot of the Tournament, had to be the Hole in one on the Saturday.

Dominance of Europe continues in both forms, Ryder Cup and the Solheim Cup. :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Fabulous result! Sadly we saw sweet fa of it here, but that is some stuffing they gave them!

When the Retaining Putt went in, the faces on those American fans was priceless. But when we officially won the Match with the halve point. Some of them just burst into tears and looked totally devastated.

Michelle Wie is such a dramatic drama queen, she was literally on her knees. Every time she missed a Putt and the ball went about 3 or 4 foot passed the hole.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
When the Retaining Putt went in, the faces on those American fans was priceless. But when we officially won the Match with the halve point. Some of them just burst into tears and looked totally devastated.

Michelle Wie is such a dramatic drama queen, she was literally on her knees. Every time she missed a Putt and the ball went about 3 or 4 foot passed the hole.

Did all the US fans pack up and go home as soon as the winning putt went in, like they did at the Ryder Cup?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Tossers! I do love it when we spank the yanks and they never fail to show how classless most of them are.

Same here. The worse thing was though, before the Tournament started. The USA Team and fans thought it was going to be a walkover for them and showed no class or sportsmanship at all to our Woman.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Stayed up till nearly 2 in the Morning, to witness History and see Europe finally win in the United States. The player of the Tournament for me, had to be the 17 year old Rookie Charley Hull, she totally blew away Creamer and won 5/4 to get the ball rolling.

Shot of the Tournament, had to be the Hole in one on the Saturday.

Dominance of Europe continues in both forms, Ryder Cup and the Solheim Cup. :clap:

I watched a lot of it over the w/e, though couldn't watch into the early hours last night. I thought most of the quality of the golf was super - especially on those greens that looked like lightening. Charlie Hull was terrific, but Caroline Hedwall was fantastic, hope won her singles last night to get 5 points out of 5.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I watched a lot of it over the w/e, though couldn't watch into the early hours last night. I thought most of the quality of the golf was super - especially on those greens that looked like lightening. Charlie Hull was terrific, but Caroline Hedwall was fantastic, hope won her singles last night to get 5 points out of 5.

The nerves of steel Charlie Hull showed was just terrific throughout the entire weekend, she looks a fantastic prospect for the future. She will definitely be World Number one in 5 years time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
She won the 16th to go all square and out putted Wie on the 18th the get the 5-0

Great. Michelle Wie annoys me for some reason, has she ever won anything ? I know there was a lot of pressure put on her when she was too young to be a sort of female Tiger, and she was given a multi-million dollar sponsorship deal when she was 16.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Great. Michelle Wie annoys me for some reason, has she ever won anything ? I know there was a lot of pressure put on her when she was too young to be a sort of female Tiger, and she was given a multi-million dollar sponsorship deal when she was 16.

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Charley. I was chatting this morning to someone who knows both her and her Dad and by all accounts she's very grounded.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good times

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Charley. I was chatting this morning to someone who knows both her and her Dad and by all accounts she's very grounded.

Yes, I would think she'll be fine. I think Wie got rather ahead of herself - egged on by those around her wanting to make a load of bucks for nothing. She may well tun out to be a fine player once she's paid her dues, though probably not with that putting stance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here