Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tapatalk Users

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone know where I would see notifications if someone quotes me on tapatalk.

I am on an iPad

Can someone please quote so I can play with it. Cheers

If it's similar to android then settings, notification settings and then you have several options for notification preferences.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Was prompted to use it for the first time the other day (at the Charlton game, I think?). Found it easy to read and navigate. I haven't attempted to post from it as yet, so that might be my next challenge.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Can anyone explain in a couple of sentences what benefits tapatalk brings to users of NSC for iPhone/pad?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone know where I would see notifications if someone quotes me on tapatalk.

I am on an iPad

Can someone please quote so I can play with it. Cheers

Notifications on the site as used in a browser won't work within Tapatalk, I'm afraid.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can anyone explain in a couple of sentences what benefits tapatalk brings to users of NSC for iPhone/pad?

I'd say there is limited benefit on a tablet, although I know many do use it.

It is of far more benefit on a phone though as it saves you from having to do a lot of scrolling and zooming and eliminates the issue of tapping on the wrong thing. I never use anything other than Tapatalk when accessing NSC on my phone.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex

It is of far more benefit on a phone though as it saves you from having to do a lot of scrolling and zooming and eliminates the issue of tapping on the wrong thing. I never use anything other than Tapatalk when accessing NSC on my phone.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on my phone

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

This. My earlier post was referring to using it on a smartphone (with a not so smartuser). I found tapatalk far more user-friendly on my phone than going through the Big Board, etc on it.

D

Deleted member 22389

I used to have tapatalk but now i use the mob version of nsc from the drop down. Find this just as good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The only one I can't set a notification for is thumbs up. Perhaps there are less options available for iPad?

You get these on a browser on a computer, tablet and phone:

Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 16.05.22.png

You won't get the same on Tapatalk.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Other styles weren't supposed to be selectable currently - I might have to take that away for now I'm afraid.

Ha! I'd just changed my settings as well. It was all looking good

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Yet another Tapatalk update and redesign has been sitting there waiting to be updated, just done it and it's great. Rather like the colour change and has speeded up & improved my NSC experience no end. For a while now viewing the board has been very glitchy & slow but now very smooth. Very different to when I first started this thread :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Is anybody else having problems with the new tapatalk update? I keep getting the message 'you have entered your password incorrect to many times' and my account gets blocked for 15 minutes... I remember this happening a while ago too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is anybody else having problems with the new tapatalk update? I keep getting the message 'you have entered your password incorrect to many times' and my account gets blocked for 15 minutes... I remember this happening a while ago too.

That is unlikely to be Tapatalk but more a 'feature' of the Cloudflare security stuff I have running. I'm still looking at workarounds.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That is unlikely to be Tapatalk but more a 'feature' of the Cloudflare security stuff I have running. I'm still looking at workarounds.

Ok cheers, it has only started happening again since I updated tapatalk, and it only blocks me logging in on tapatalk and not on the desktop site, so I am guessing it is a problem between cloudflare and tapatalk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here