Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Car driver

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Starting at the Brighton Pier with a cyclist, someone getting the 25, someone getting a bus to Brighton station then a train, and someone driving to park in the car park. All leaving at 1pm, the finishing point is the ticket collection hut.

Who would win? :amex:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Whoever got a taxi? (Sorry)

Pah. Not part of our sustained transport model! And besides, who would get a taxi? You'll be paying top dollar for that - use your subsidised travel my friend, you've been charged for it after all...

I perhaps should have included the Park and Ride, but meh, don't spoil the thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a rule, the cyclist usually wins such events, by virtue of being able to start at the start, and finish at the end.
Although the car going to the stadium would tough to beat, P&R or Uni parking and it would be game on.

Pah. Not part of our sustained transport model! And besides, who would get a taxi? You'll be paying top dollar for that - use your subsidised travel my friend, you've been charged for it after all...

I perhaps should have included the Park and Ride, but meh, don't spoil the thread.
And if you want to get all contestants congregated, at the same time, at the Palace Pier for the start, you'll have to add a parking charge into the car driver's costs. Or the fine for not paying it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Brighton pier? Never heard of it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not really bought into the idea of this, have you? Any of you. :jester:

I think the cyclist would win, because you control your destiny. If you get the bus you might be waiting a while, and then you have to walk from the University through to the finishing line (or jog, if you're Richard Hammond), if you get the train you're reliant on not being kept in a queue for a length of time and if you drive to the Bridge car park, you have to get yourself up the pathway afterward.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Expect the Argus or local TV to nick this idea for a feature.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Paul Barber - "I guess if you get your timings right...the train user should win!"

So there we have it.

(Yes, I emailed him. And with the greatest of respect to him, he replied within about 2 minutes, from his iPhone)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
double post

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paul Barber - "I guess if you get your timings right...the train user should win!"

So there we have it.

(Yes, I emailed him. And with the greatest of respect to him, he replied within about 2 minutes, from his iPhone)

Why the fook are people so keen to ruin Barber-out's Sundays.

Leave the man alone, his hatchet won't sharpen itself :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

So there we have it.

Ha, fair play Barber.
I vote the cyclist to win, I once raced a 25 from Churchill Square to Coldean, I was on a BMX so only had 1 gear, I absolutely smoked it :)

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I'm going for pedal power, although if it was me on the cycle then even a drunk walking backwards and stopping off for a couple of drinks on the way would get there before me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ha, fair play Barber.
I vote the cyclist to win, I once raced a 25 from Churchill Square to Coldean, I was on a BMX so only had 1 gear, I absolutely smoked it :)

Hmmmm difficult to believe, over a short distance then yes, maybe, but all the way from Churchill Square to Coldean?

I was the only person to vote for the bendybus, but then one look at my avatar would probably tell you why.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
alot depends how fit the cyclist is

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here