Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar Hails Players and Fans

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-998853_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:14 17th August 2013
I am very proud to be the coach of these players and I want to dedicate the win to the fans"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has praised his players and Albion’s supporters after securing his first win in English football.Andrew Crofts grabbed the winner at St Andrew’s as the Seagulls defeated Birmingham City 1-0, much to the delight of the Albion head coach.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "I am very proud to be the coach of these players and I want to dedicate the win to the fans, especially those who came all the way from Brighton - they support us all the time, every game, so the win is for them all.
“We deserved to win; we played a fantastic first half and created a lot of chances to score. I am happy because the players work hard and deserved to win other games but it was not possible. But today it was the first one.”
The Spaniard also dismissed feelings of relief, saying he was always confident the first victory was not far away after narrow defeats to Leeds United and Derby County.
“I am strong and we are working hard and in a good way, so we knew the first win would come soon and it was here.
“At times it seemed like the same film of the other games but in the first half we played our best football of the season.
“It was a fantastic action by three or four players to get the goal and Crofts' finish was really good.”
Garcia also commended Albion’s two new Irish internationals, Keith Andrews and Stephen Ward, for their contribution to his first success.*
“It is not easy to play at this stadium against Birmingham but Stephen understood perfectly how we want to play after one day, and Keith is also an experienced player and they both performed very well.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here