Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you listen to match commentary on an iPhone?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe I'm being a total Luddite but I can't work out a way of doing it. I'm paying the 4.49 per month for the Seagulls Player but I can only seem to find the text commentary on the phone app.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I have no idea about Seagulls player, but you can download (for free) the BBC Radio app, You can listen to BBC Southern Counties' match day commentary.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I have no idea about Seagulls player, but you can download (for free) the BBC Radio app, You can listen to BBC Southern Counties' match day commentary.

No, you can't.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
You can as I did it last week when on holiday.

Download the football league app, choose Brighton as your team, log in to player, go to text commentary and there will be a play audio button.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Interesting. Which one is the right one? I thought you could only listen on FM or DAB.

Its one of these 2
nejaty2y.jpg

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Download the football league app, choose Brighton as your team, log in to player, go to text commentary and there will be a play audio button.

This...

If you have a Seagulls player account this is the best option by far. Works Android and Apple well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BBC Sussex. Available on 95, 95.3, 104.5 and 104.8 depending on where you are. Not available 0n 104.6.

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't get it, so why am I paying for Seagulls Player.

D

Deleted member 22389

seems to switch on nearer kick off

I thought so. This is the rule as far as I know

INSIDE SUSSEX

If you are in Sussex you can listen to the comm on BBC Sussex (Free)
You can also listen to match comm on Seagulls Player (Paid Subscription)

OUTSIDE OF SUSSEX
If you are outside of Sussex the only way to listen to comm is to purchase Seagulls Player (Paid Subscription)

INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF SUSSEX, BBC IPlayer
If you try to listen to comm on the BBC Player you will get a different comm i.e Woking....

Last edited by a moderator:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I got it on my iPad last week, but the option for audio commentary didn't show until the game kicked off

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You cannot listen to football league commentary online (legitimately) without using the official FL Player. You may be able to listen to cup matches online, depending on the cup licensing rights which I don't know. If you listen at 3pm for today's game online, including TuneIn Radio, you will get either a local non league game commentary, or some local 'light' program.

Yup, just checked on TuneIn, Aldershot commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here