Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar planning more loans

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10618960.Oscar_plans_more_loan_deals/?ref=twt

Another uninspiring article. Really do not want to see half a team of loanees. As said many times before on this site you can start to see why Poyet was getting frustrated now when planning for this season.

This strategy, to me, seems flawed. I'm not really sure which direction the club is going in at present and cannot see what the overall aim is.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I personally believe this could be a wise policy. It is far easier to start making changes now over the course of a couple of seasons, starting to get more loans and continuing our free signings etc, than it is to make drastic changes over night. THis ensures that we can explore all options for reducing our expenditure without having to compromise the quality of our squad and means we will be in the best position when the ffp rules finally come into full action. Unless they get promoted teams like Leicester, QPR, Forrest will be absolutely destroyed and need a complete rebuild in a couple of seasons however they seem to be continuing their gambling philosophy that has not done them much good in previous seasons.

Im happy with what we have and a season of consolidation could fair us well. The only major difference however in the spending this season is that we haven't got signings with flashy credentials that awe fans on first sighting such as Vicente, David Lopez, Bruno etc however this doesn't mean Ward, Agustien or Andrews are worse signings just because they have played in the Premiership for solid teams and have relevant experience in this league. In this league we have produced some majestic quality and yet only walked away with one point or sadly sometimes defeat because the other team can play the scrappy game and grab a goal when it is needed. I am hoping that these new signings will allow us to play the less attractive side of the game that you need to be successful in this league when playing away at Barnsley, Blackburn etc and allow you to grind out a result.

Im optimistic, perhaps some would believe too much, but we have only seen 3 games of Oscar and what i have seen is spots of bad luck, the process of shaping a team to his tactics, and promise in terms of our attack. A concluding point when was the last time we were not searching for or worrying about getting a 20 goal striker? Surely that is something to celebrate.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I'm starting to think we are in more finance trouble than we let on. :cry: Maybe Gus has already taken us to the cleaners .Barber and Bloom just havent said anything?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but I agree with you on this. It looks like we are building a team consisting of journeymen, raw kids or ageing players. I'm not expecting us to spend £££££'s on players but to sign someone would show a little ambition. I'm probably worrying without reason to but if we are playing poor football with average players fans are going to start to disappear. Every other team in the league seems to be abusing FFP other than us, we're going to sit tight and abide by it and watch everyone sail past us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, I'm not surprised. I still think we'll sign a couple of perms but this is all squad building. Lets see who they are before we judge. Would people say no to Becchio because its a loan and not a permanent signing?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm already depressed with the start we have had and the direction we are heading. Reading stuff like this really doesn't help. I just can't motivate myself this season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10618960.Oscar_plans_more_loan_deals/?ref=twt

Another uninspiring article. Really do not want to see half a team of loanees. As said many times before on this site you can start to see why Poyet was getting frustrated now when planning for this season.

This strategy, to me, seems flawed. I'm not really sure which direction the club is going in at present and cannot see what the overall aim is.

You mean frustrated that he had to stick to the rules and not just spunk millions after millions??? Yeah that's really unreasonable of the club, I can see why Poyet got frustrated, must be terrible when someone tells you, you can't have everything you want all the time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Didn't we slam Watford for this?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm already depressed with the start we have had and the direction we are heading. Reading stuff like this really doesn't help. I just can't motivate myself this season.

I really cannot see where there is any oomph for this season....it feels like the worst things have all happened in a row from play off defeat to GP saga to no investment/ planning to rubbish start to season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
TB has put so much into our club, financially, running the club so that it is viable is commendable, it is a good thing. It might mean we don't get what we want immediately, but in the long term (even medium term) we can expect to come out in a far better position than many other clubs. Fans of Forest, QPR etc really should be very worried about what their clubs owners are risking.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Didn't we slam Watford for this?

I don't think us getting in a couple of loans to cover any positions we're a little weak in is the same as Watford getting 10 or 11 players in from foreign clubs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So where does this leave Barber's statement that our playing budget is similar to last season's one; was that a porky?

What about Tony's comment that we are targeting top 6 again? Yes, that was possible with the money he threw at the squad with the uber-budget-moaner Gus, but is it, if he doesn't give Oscar the funds?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maybe the frustration lies in the fact that we were mismanaged financially for 2 seasons got a taster for the high life and now we are coming down to earth with a bump.

As you say unavoidable if we don't want to get in more debt ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here