Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike Stolen

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
As the title says some little cretin has nabbed my bike from the back garden last night. Only had it 6 months and was in mint condition. I very much doubt he will frequent this glorious forum but if he/she does i would like to say that i hope you get rid quick or do not live in the area because if i see you with it, i cant be held accountable for my actions.

Oh, and im sure there will be a "Bike for Sale" thread opened soon. :)

p.s

anyone living near Worthing central station area, check your sheds this morning.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
What bike? People can be on the lookout if they know what to look for! Have you reported it? Do you have the frame number and other details?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
They might - it depends. We had a bike nicked from outside the front of our flat once and the first we knew about it was when a policeman knocked on the door holding the thing! They'll at least log it and give you a crime number. You'll probably need it for any insurance claims. Oh, and it's their job to at least speak to you about it!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Keep an eye out for car boot sales, dodgy markets, Friday-Ad, eBay, etc, too.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Keep an eye out for car boot sales, dodgy markets, Friday-Ad, eBay, etc, too.

This is probably the most effective method if you've any chance of getting it back.

I'm not sure the police would show much interest in a stolen bike.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
They might - it depends. We had a bike nicked from outside the front of our flat once and the first we knew about it was when a policeman knocked on the door holding the thing! They'll at least log it and give you a crime number. You'll probably need it for any insurance claims. Oh, and it's their job to at least speak to you about it!

I would not hold your breath waiting for the police.

My son and his friend both had their bikes nabbed from a front garden. The thieves were seen doing it, and there were very clear descriptions which were very close to two well known teenage oiks in town. The police were informed within minutes. I got a crime number and that was that.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Not locked up? House contents insurance perhaps? Just a thought.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Definitely report it. I'm not saying you'll get it back BUT police resources are targeted. The more reports of crime from an area the more resources that used there. I've had a number of meetings with the police recently due to issues in my neighbourhood and by getting people to report anything we've managed to get increased patrols including plain clothed patrols as well as a police action plan for the area. Always worth reporting.

BHAJ

Jun 17, 2011
Southwick
Definitely report for the reasons stated by WS. It may also have been stolen by someone who couldn't be arsed to walk home in which case it will probably turn up abandoned somewhere.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
also a very common bike. i sold my one of those last month.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm going to the Roundstone car boot sale off the A259 tomorrow as a seller. I'll keep a look out for any unscrupulous fellow sellers nearby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here