Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Ashley Barnes

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
According to the BBC Sport website, our Ashley is due to make his 100th League start for the club and his 150th appearance for Brighton. I don't actually understand how those numbers work unless he has played 50 Cup games for us, but hey, they sound like good stats. His goals to games ratio must be pretty good too. Well done Ashley. A fine start to your career and long may it continue to develop with the Seagulls.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I like Ashley Barnes, so well done that man.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Starts doesn't include coming on as a sub, whereas appearances does, so not 50 cup games. Simples!

Oh. And we'll done Ashley from me, too. One of our most under-appreciated players.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Most over rated player for years. Heaven knows how he's played that many games. I would imagine he had some sort of dirt on Gus and threatened to reveal all if he was dropped.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Starts doesn't include coming on as a sub, whereas appearances does, so not 50 cup games. Simples!

Oh. And we'll done Ashley from me, too. One of our most under-appreciated players.

Thanks Sully. Simples indeed. Should have waited till I woke up before posting!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Agreed. 48 goals in 150 appearances for a largely midfield-based striker is a decent strike rate.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Most over rated player for years. Heaven knows how he's played that many games. I would imagine he had some sort of dirt on Gus and threatened to reveal all if he was dropped.

There's nothing for you here buddy. This thread is for fans who actually understand football and recognise the contribution of a fine young Brighton player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
There's nothing for you here buddy. This thread is for fans who actually understand football and recognise the contribution of a fine young Brighton player.

I concur with this. Some critics should get behind our player, understand how is being asked to play or go and weave a rug or something. When and if he goes elsewhere, and he will, they will be the first to grizzle when he does a "Murray" against us and why oh why did we let him leave.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Has anyone got a comprehensive list of Brighton's all time top scorers? @Acker79 perhaps?

Edit: Mentioning doesn't work anymore it seems...
Tommy Cooke on 112 goals is the highest? (or did I make that up)

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
According to the BBC Sport website, our Ashley is due to make his 100th League start for the club and his 150th appearance for Brighton. I don't actually understand how those numbers work unless he has played 50 Cup games for us, but hey, they sound like good stats. His goals to games ratio must be pretty good too. Well done Ashley. A fine start to your career and long may it continue to develop with the Seagulls.

Here, here. Has improved every season, I hope that continues. Best of luck Ashley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here