Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something America is really good at

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Americans are a different breed to the rest of us.

I was in Paris for a trip a few years ago, me and missus went to see the original Statue of Liberty, there was a group of American tourists there a d I overheard one of them say "oh look, they've got a little copy of ours!":facepalm::facepalm::wozza::wozza:

I was tempted to put her right but decided against causing an international dispute on French soil as the last one didn't go down too well.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Americans are a different breed to the rest of us.

I was in Paris for a trip a few years ago, me and missus went to see the original Statue of Liberty, there was a group of American tourists there a d I overheard one of them say "oh look, they've got a little copy of ours!":facepalm::facepalm::wozza::wozza:

I was tempted to put her right but decided against causing an international dispute on French soil as the last one didn't go down too well.

I remember reading David Starkey saying that the reason why the Americans are as they are is because they are are mostly Europeans by descent.

Unlike the Asians and Africans, the Europeans have invaded, pillaged and raped their way through history over the last 5000 years and this is why they think the US are always being an aggressor..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Unlike the Asians and Africans, the Europeans have invaded, pillaged and raped their way through history over the last 5000 years and this is why they think the US are always being an aggressor..

So...ghenghis khan, pharaoh xerxes and Hirohito were all Europeans?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Unlike the Asians and Africans, the Europeans have invaded, pillaged and raped their way through history over the last 5000 years ..

You need to get out more....or at least read a little before spouting complete and utter ill informed nonsense.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I remember reading David Starkey saying that the reason why the Americans are as they are is because they are are mostly Europeans by descent.

David Starkey is an arse.

Never been any internal conflict in Africa then? Or Asia?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Did he also slip into the article that he is gay?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
they do a good breakfast though!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Annexation of the festival without acknowledging the original is naughty. Or it would be if it wasn't for this ...

http://www.thegreatbullrun.com/photos/sample/

Or this ...

pamplona.png

Making the claim without checking your source material is however very very naughty.

Last edited:

The goings-on in Pamplona are a tame copy of the traditional Encierro Dos Animales Pantamimos, that has been held annually at the Lewes Arms for donkey's years. Or pantomime horse years, at least.

p751662214-4.jpg

p755250612-4.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
IMHO the yanks have little or no history and the little they did have they they tried to kill off.
I spend a lot of time on "ANCESTRY" and I have gained lots of time and knowledge because they pedantically search for some history any history even if its not theirs, regularly you find a person who most definitely lived their whole life in Europe pre 1500 and yet according to them lived and died in Texas, now I am sure they know this is not right ,but it does give you a little pointer as to the way they think.

thankfully some are pedantic as its saved me weeks of trailing through stuff and with a little check back to be sure they are right and off you go again

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
IMHO the yanks have little or no history and the little they did have they they tried to kill off.
I spend a lot of time on "ANCESTRY" and I have gained lots of time and knowledge because they pedantically search for some history any history even if its not theirs, regularly you find a person who most definitely lived their whole life in Europe pre 1500 and yet according to them lived and died in Texas, now I am sure they know this is not right ,but it does give you a little pointer as to the way they think.

thankfully some are pedantic as its saved me weeks of trailing through stuff and with a little check back to be sure they are right and off you go again

Is English your first language??.....just asking!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

They have a huge amount of pioneer and mining history. A lot of which is very interesting to read about.

There's quite a lot of extended ancestral dwellings on properties with families having been on lands for 4-5 generations.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stealing heritage and tradition, this time Pamplona, with no mention of Pamplona!!

http://www.thegreatbullrun.com/events/virginia-2013/
:eek: I like how there's a price list and details of what you get next to a picture from the real Pamplona - something you definitely won't be getting.

He was probably joking.

BS.

We're all taught about our own country at school, and about other countries too. Americans are taught more about the former and less about the latter. They're told that they're the best and they believe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here