Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic after Barnes

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Sky Sports:

@SkySportsPeteO: Celtic are keeping tabs on Brighton's Ashley Barnes as Neil Lennon looks to bring in a new striker to Parkhead. #Celtic #BHAFC

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Something tells me there is truth in these rumours, and Barnes is off.

Good player, who is only going to improve, but I think his loyalty lies with Gus, rather than the club - and who can blame him for wanting out after all the shit he has to put up from BRIGHTON fans over the last few seasons.

Nothing to do with him getting two straight reds in succession when we really needed him, no?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Good player, who is only going to improve, but I think his loyalty lies with Gus, rather than the club - and who can blame him for wanting out after all the shit he has to put up from BRIGHTON fans over the last few seasons.

Couldn't blame him for a second - he'll go on to be a very, very good player, with or without us. He's got phenomenal determination to make it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is barnes coming to the end of his contract? I imagine all of this talk is his agent doing his 'job'.

Hopefully we'll give him a new deal as long as he's not holding us over a barrell.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.

Other than on here I can't honestly say that I see/hear Barnes get all this dogs abuse that people bang on about?! From what I can recall whenever he is subbed off or his name read out before kick-off he gets a decent reception. Plus he is one of very few Albion players who actually has a song regularly sung about him during matches..

Unless he is a regular user of NSC then I very much doubt that the fans attitude towards him will drive him north of the border. More likely, as someone has already pointed out, it will be his loyalty to Gus, couple with the clubs need to raise funds which will lead to him moving on.

I like Barnes as a player, but I seem to be one of the few who are neither one extreme or another on him. He's certainly not a clogger, however he's certainly not going to get us anymore than £2m in transfer fees. Still young so the potential is there, but a temper which will always hold him back in my opinion.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't understand how someone who turns up to watch football (therefore, you would assume, understands it) can not only not think that he is a very good player, but actually have the opinion that he is a BAD one.

If people on here stated "I think he is OK" then fine. That's below the standard I would put him in but that's not a ridiculous view.

To have the opinion that he is BAD suggests to me that the person stating this has little grasp of football and skillset which Barnes has. I imagine they also though Poyet's football was 'boring'.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Seems everyone rates this young striker apart from a few Albion fans who simply won't see him as anything other than a clogger.
You can put me in that group...... average at best, see ya Barnsey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here