Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Parker

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Scott Parker who appeared to be an ever present last season for Spurs seems to be on his way to QPR. One of Tottenhams star men only 3 months ago now may find himself surplus to requirements.

Is anybody else really confused/ surprised by this supposed transfer. I would've thought that AVB would be desperate to hang onto Parker

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I'll be surprised if this happens for sure. i think a few other prem teams would like him and in turn he would like to stay (in the prem)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they also dropped Dempsey and Huddlestone, big clear out. cant really see him going to QPR unless desperate to stay in London and fitness is that bad. you'd have thought Fulham or return to West Ham would be preferable.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Far too good for this league. Will be on a disgusting wage although QPR have just let Granero go so it's probably not far off a like-for-like on that front (money).

QPR could storm this league once they've completed the window's closed.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hardly a star player for Spurs. Dembele is first choice in that holding role for them and they've signed a few midfielders. My spurs mates say that Parker isn't the player he used to be, they rekon he slows everything down and doesn't fit in with how AVB plays.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sure he'll be doing lots of neat turns in the middle of the pitch before doing a simple pass back to the defence or sideways to another midfielder.

Massivley overrated.

Reminds me of Bridcutt but Bridcutt is better.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sure he'll be doing lots of neat turns in the middle of the pitch before doing a simple pass back to the defence or sideways to another midfielder.

Massivley overrated.

Reminds me of Bridcutt but Bridcutt is better.

What was your view on Makelele? Similar?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If that's the case, Parker is just a rich mans Hammond.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Hardly a star player for Spurs. Dembele is first choice in that holding role for them and they've signed a few midfielders. My spurs mates say that Parker isn't the player he used to be, they rekon he slows everything down and doesn't fit in with how AVB plays.

that surprised me, dont watch that much of spurs but always assumed dembele was an attacking midfielder who played behind the striker

i guess they also have sandro?

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Scott Parker who appeared to be an ever present last season for Spurs seems to be on his way to QPR. One of Tottenhams star men only 3 months ago now may find himself surplus to requirements.

Is anybody else really confused/ surprised by this supposed transfer. I would've thought that AVB would be desperate to hang onto Parker

Scott Parker made 20 appearences in the league last season, so was really being faded out then. Not exactly star man material.

Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, and Capoue should be enough cover in the centre of midfield.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What was your view on Makelele? Similar?

Parker is not in the same stratosphere as Makelele though. Parker performs a functional role that very few British players have come close to mastering and therefore is lauded for it. I'm with beepbeep and think Bridcutt is better already.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He will still tear this league a new one...

if we were being linked to parker I would be Jizzing in my pants.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really think the injuries have made a big difference over the last year, so a drop down from Top 6 to top of the Championship is probably about right, and QPR under Harry is the perfect fit.

If using Hammond and our 4th place is a yardstick then even a slower Parker who can only manage 30 matches will still be too good for this division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here