Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace planning double raid on rivals Brighton (Merged Thread)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Crystal Palace are eyeing moves for Kazenga LuaLua and Ashley Barnes from their arch rivals Brighton.

Desperate Ian Holloway watched a loan move for Darren Bent fall by the wayside this week and the Palace boss has had to look elsewhere for forwards.

And he could be set to raid the south coast for striker Barnes and winger Lua Lua.

Palace hit the jackpot when they nabbed Glenn Murray from Brighton on a free transfer two years ago, but the Eagles' 31-goal top-scorer is set to miss most of this season with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

That, along with Wilfried Zaha's move to Manchester United, has added to Holloway's striker shortage and Palace could now turn to Brighton once again.

http://talksport.com/football/cryst...vals-brighton-13081655852#9ggSEjMDS74WTPpo.99

Last edited by a moderator:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would take anything around £1m of your cash for KLL. Easily replaceable, bit part inconsistent player.

Barnes is a strange one, but I am not sure he'd go anyway.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Where the bit about "Brighton managed to con Palace out of a large fee for Dobbie" has that been removed as too embarrassing

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
KLL .....2m
Barnes .......3.5m
in other word its a no for both

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Talk Sport stirring things up knowing it will get some attention. Feeble rumour mongery.

Very much this. Expect it was written by that cretin Durham.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The problem is all clubs have realised how desperate Wurzel is to bring in players and can ask ridiculous prices if an enquiry is made.

Oct 25, 2003
I'm not convinced either are good enough for the championship, let alone the Prem. Id be very disappointed if there was any truth in this. But as its from Talksport Im not too concerned.

they're both good enough for the championship...possibly not good enough to be regular starters in a team going for promotion but would get into most sides in this league I'd imagine

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has Lua Lua been anything like the player he was before he broke his leg? I know he tore up League One, but doesn't seem to have a similar impact in the Championship.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They would be better off not spending their money on players and using their windfall on the stadium. Out of (vague) interest, have they said how much they are prepared to give Wurzel to try (in vain) to keep them up?

But if they are that desperate, 10m should cover it.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd take any good money for KLL tbh. He may be a game changer on his day but he is far too inconsistent IMO. And any money we get for him we can look for someone better. I wouldn't sell Barnes though. But that's just me...

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yes please! Please take them.... not only would it be valuable money for us but they'd be soooo shit in the Prem.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Crystal Palace planning double raid on rivals Brighton

:nono:

Interesting they don't want Ulloa. Are Barnes and KLL on some sort of 'available' list ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here