Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are all these Barcelona players?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
In all seriousness though....

When Oscar Garcia was announced i said "WHO?". I had never heard of him. The answer from lots of people on here was that he was a superb appointment and that we would be sure to get an influx of Barca 'B' players and lots connections with Spain etc. People mention some Gerrad Delfonescu (or whatever) Barca reserves striker who i looked at on YouTube ad though GREAT!

So, so far, this bloke from Spain has signed.... A Unheard of left back from division three, another left back who was so good his team got relegated to the 3rd division last season and an over the hill midfielder that was unwanted by a club that finished below us last season and a couple. I might have missed someone as i've kind of lost a little bit of love this season and not been as focussed as normal.

Now don't get me wrong, i realise these players could go on to be fantastic aquisitions, but what i want to know is when are all the Barca 'B' players coming that you were all raving about?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

When Oscar Garcia was announced i said "WHO?". I had never heard of him. The answer from lots of people on here was that he was a superb appointment and that we would be sure to get an influx of Barca 'B' players and lots connections with Spain etc. People mention some Gerrad Delfonescu (or whatever) Barca reserves striker who i looked at on YouTube ad though GREAT!

So, so far, this bloke from Spain has signed.... A Unheard of left back from division three, another left back who was so good his team got relegated to the 3rd division last season and an over the hill midfielder that was unwanted by a club that finished below us last season and a couple. I might have missed someone as i've kind of lost a little bit of love this season and not been as focussed as normal.

Now don't get me wrong, i realise these players could go on to be fantastic aquisitions, but what i want to know is when are all the Barca 'B' players coming that you were all raving about?

Barcelona.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Having Oscar means we do have connections with Barca, maybe we don't have a ton of cash to burn and TB and Oscar are waiting to see everyone's hand then come in on the river as it were!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I would waste your breath mate. The same old tiresome line will just get spouted out again " Burke brings OG a selection of names and then he chooses which one to go for" its just a coincidence that all the players bought so far are playing in England.

I worry that Oscar is going to be asked to play the Barca way with players like Keith bloody Andrews!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's like that young kid from Chelsea Youth that nobody wanted... what was his name? Oh yeah LIAM BRIDCUTT.

We MUST pay over the odds for people I've heard of or I'm going to thrown my season ticket at the dugout and support Palace.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I would waste your breath mate. The same old tiresome line will just get spouted out again " Burke brings OG a selection of names and then he chooses which one to go for" its just a coincidence that all the players bought so far are playing in England.

I worry that Oscar is going to be asked to play the Barca way with players like Keith bloody Andrews!

My worry is that the board dont have faith in OG after the disasterous start we have had and now don't think it would be a good idea to fill the squad with his players incase he has to be sacked sooner than expected.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
So far, the main difference I can see is that Pooyet improved our squad year on year and Burke/Garcia are making it a little bit worse.
I don't think for one minute we'll be in a relegation scrap, but at the same time, with the squad we have at the moment, there isn't a chance in hell we'll better last seasons finish.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
My worry is that the board dont have faith in OG after the disasterous start we have had and now don't think it would be a good idea to fill the squad with his players incase he has to be sacked sooner than expected.

I doubt Bloom is a Hire 'em Fire 'em. OG is a long term appointment. He will given time.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

A 'disasterous [sic] start'....hardly!! Two narrow league defeats that could have been four points if refereeing decisions had been different. The red card in the League Cup was turned over on appeal but we couldn't appeal the subsequent result which clearly was affected by the decision.

Try not to worry too much...life is too short. Things could look a lot rosier after 5pm Saturday...my guess!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Early days. Patience.
This. I'll be first to agree with junior if this is our squad when the transfer window shuts. But hopefully that isn't the case. The Premier League squads are still being ironed out, and most clubs conduct 90% of their business on the last day of the window. Roll on 31st August!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I worry that he NEEDS to be asked! I just expected playing that style was how he'd insist we did things, carrying on pretty seemlessly from Poyet. Sadly that didn't look like it would be the case against Derby. I haven't seen centre halves aimlessly knocking the ball up field for about 3.5 years.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This. I'll be first to agree with junior if this is our squad when the transfer window shuts. But hopefully that isn't the case. The Premier League squads are still being ironed out, and most clubs conduct 90% of their business on the last day of the window. Roll on 31st August!

September 2nd!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

You've answered your own tiresome question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Really? Three dodgy ref's decisions have cost us and we've lost by one goal in the games that really matter. In case you hadn't noticed, the club has had a few problems since the end of last season and we have a new manager trying to change the style of play with new players trying to fit in as well.

I despair of some of our fans expectations.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Really? Three dodgy ref's decisions have cost us and we've lost by one goal in the games that really matter. In case you hadn't noticed, the club has had a few problems since the end of last season and we have a new manager trying to change the style of play with new players trying to fit in as well.

I despair of some of our fans expectations.

This this and this.....we're supposed to be ripping this league apart!!! :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here