Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The lengths footballers will stoop to, to engineer a move away.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23703265

Interesting, but at the same time horrible article. I wonder how many BHA players have resorted to these types of tactics? And interesting that Bale, Rooney & Suarez have all picked up 'niggles' recently.

Would be great for a club to make a stand and let them rot in the reserves for the remainder of their contract.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23703265

Interesting, but at the same time horrible article. I wonder how many BHA players have resorted to these types of tactics? And interesting that Bale, Rooney & Suarez have all picked up 'niggles' recently.

Would be great for a club to make a stand and let them rot in the reserves for the remainder of their contract.

In other news : Bears shit in woods. Pope is. Catholic

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the thing which annoys me the most is the cowardly way they go about this. If you really want to leave, at least hand in a transfer request, state you want to go and go. But for players who wish to depart this seems to be the last thing they do. In both the Suarez and Rooney situations I have read that given all other avenues are exausted they both might now consider a formal written request. I can only presume this is the last resort because the forfeit loyalty bonuses if they are seen to persue the transfer.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think the thing which annoys me the most is the cowardly way they go about this. If you really want to leave, at least hand in a transfer request, state you want to go and go. But for players who wish to depart this seems to be the last thing they do. In both the Suarez and Rooney situations I have read that given all other avenues are exausted they both might now consider a formal written request. I can only presume this is the last resort because the forfeit loyalty bonuses if they are seen to persue the transfer.

I believe that it is exactly this.

We were discussing it at work the other day and find it hilarious that they can do all these interviews saying they want to go and act in such an u professional manner and have no ramifications. But the second they put in a written transfer request they lose a bonus. It's a crazy world professional football

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why not, if you have a team lined up, negotiate* for them to give you the bonus you would have got if you didn't put in a transfer request, then put one in?

*obviously it can't be an official negotiation, but we all know clubs and agents communicate somehow even before they're officially allowed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Of course it's all about a) money, b) not wanting to upset the fans, in case they stay after all and c) money.

I find the whole business appalling. As someone said the other day, at the start of the summer, football gossip was all about Bale, Rooney and Suarez. Since that, we've won the ashes, Andy Murray won Wimbledon, the lions won on tour, Froome won the TdF and what is football doing ? Yup, talking about Bale, Rooney and Suarez - and there's every chance none of them will move !!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Of course it's all about a) money, b) not wanting to upset the fans, in case they stay after all and c) money.

I find the whole business appalling. As someone said the other day, at the start of the summer, football gossip was all about Bale, Rooney and Suarez. Since that, we've won the ashes, Andy Murray won Wimbledon, the lions won on tour, Froome won the TdF and what is football doing ? Yup, talking about Bale, Rooney and Suarez - and there's every chance none of them will move !!

I think you can leave out B they don't give a shit about the fans or else they would stay and earn plenty of money instead of pissing off somewhere else and earning plenty plenty of money.

Either way it is ridiculous.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think you can leave out B they don't give a shit about the fans or else they would stay and earn plenty of money instead of pissing off somewhere else and earning plenty plenty of money.

Either way it is ridiculous.

I didn't mean they (most) care about the fans in that way, but they don't want to draw abuse if they stay. I don't think most players give a toss about the fans.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As someone said the other day, at the start of the summer, football gossip was all about Bale, Rooney and Suarez. Since that, we've won the ashes, Andy Murray won Wimbledon, the lions won on tour, Froome won the TdF and what is football doing ? Yup, talking about Bale, Rooney and Suarez - and there's every chance none of them will move !!

It was Martin Samuel, and he also said he would invoke a 2 week rule on any transfer rumour, after which he would lock player agent and both clubs in a room. They then have 48 hrs to conclude it one way or the other, or he released a tiger into the room.

LOL.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
I can't get over the way Robbie Savage can't get over himself. What a tedious arse.

Exactly. Just confirmed to me what a self-centred obnoxious little man he really is. I am sure he is only a pundit because of his hair.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can't get over the way Robbie Savage can't get over himself. What a tedious arse.

Robbie Savage is very honest about the way he went about things as a footballer and say things which must make other ex and current footballers cringe. He give a very open perspective of a greedy and selfish footballer and this attitude appalls me. However I am glad he is in the media to expose the odious and disgusting attitudes held by footballers across the country.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It was Martin Samuel, and he also said he would invoke a 2 week rule on any transfer rumour, after which he would lock player agent and both clubs in a room. They then have 48 hrs to conclude it one way or the other, or he released a tiger into the room.

LOL.

Ah yes, I remember now. A top idea ....... RELEASE THE TIGER !

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Robbie Savage is very honest about the way he went about things as a footballer and say things which must make other ex and current footballers cringe. He give a very open perspective of a greedy and selfish footballer and this attitude appalls me. However I am glad he is in the media to expose the odious and disgusting attitudes held by footballers across the country.

This, total ******** of a player but I absolutely love him as a pundit :lol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
15wgo0n.jpg

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Finally someone who thinks the guy is an arse.

It's unfair on the clubs who've given up a lot for them. Bale's situation though baffles me, £100 million? Spurs, take the money and run. I don't think Bale is as good as pundits make him out to be. He had that one good season, he hasn't won anything and has not been tested in the Champions league, what a ridiculous amount of money to spend on an unproven player at the level Madrid play at.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I used to kick up a right storm at school in PE when I'd be put into the rounders group instead of the football group. Caused a stink with 'team mates' until the teachers sent me to the football group.

This is basically what these players are doing. I was 11 years old.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've been looking at this thread for a while thinking...somethings not right here.

Is there no length that footballers won't stoop to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here