Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar's new signings... something's wrong

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I thought for certain that we signed OG because of his Spanish connections. Not only with our Latin players but because of his contacts with Barca and other things Iberian. But nothing. Not even rumours. Nada. All the signings and would-be new transfers are obviously from the club (Burke?) What's the thoughts about the lack of influence he seems to be having with bolstering his team with one's he wants?

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I don't think he's had any say what so ever and probably won't as he will get fired by Xmas. Atleast he's a club legend already though

Joke, he won't get fired. Maybe he will be allowed to have a say on a single signing and bring just the one in towards the end, probably on loan

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe you thought wrong in the first place. Or maybe OG is a) still tracking targets, b) is involved with the current signings. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe we'll be bringing in some young Spanish players to the development squad but in the meantime we needed players with Championship experience in midfield and defence.

Have a bit of patience and let Oscar get his feet under the table. He is almost a rookie manager and we need to stabilise after Gusgate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He didn't have much to do with signings at Tel Aviv. Not sure why people expected different here.

Really? It's just coincidence Spanish players started turning up in Israel?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Oscar isn't signing the players, there's something wrong somewhere at the moment.

Yes he will....the players will be selected by him and his assistants, but Burke will close the deals.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Didn't Barber already say that we were keeping our powder dry until the Prem teams confirm their squads of 25. I doubt we're just sitting on our hands waiting. Its just that those responsible have had the temerity not to inform you about what they are doing!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's on the wall of legends so the club has, not that he should be but that's another thread

It's been covered in another thread but it isn't a legends wall and never has been (someone found a post from the insider confirming this). It is an art project displaying Albion players in iconic poses. Gus was up there when he was manager and now Oscar is, it has nothing to do with legendary status or not.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Oh no, it's all going horribly wrong! Sack the manager! Sack the board!
Why aren't we winning every game 8-0?
Why aren't we getting full Spanish internationals queueing up to sign for us?
Why aren't we all learning Spanish?
Has that about covered it for for the doom mongers? Probably not. Jeez, two games in and some are already suicidal. I tell you what, just top yourselves quietly so the rest of us can watch our team develop into what our coach wants.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i would rather have experienced players then signing players who we know nothing about

I agree mark. Andrews and Ward are regular internationals, with loads of Prem experience. I would like just ONE exciting mystery signing though.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Oh no, it's all going horribly wrong! Sack the manager! Sack the board!
Why aren't we winning every game 8-0?
Why aren't we getting full Spanish internationals queueing up to sign for us?
Why aren't we all learning Spanish?
Has that about covered it for for the doom mongers? Probably not. Jeez, two games in and some are already suicidal. I tell you what, just top yourselves quietly so the rest of us can watch our team develop into what our coach wants.

Whoa feller, this is nothing about doom and gloom.... I feel well and truly optimistic about the season. That's not in question!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I agree mark. Andrews and Ward are regular internationals, with loads of Prem experience. I would like just ONE exciting mystery signing though.

Two good signings, agreed... but I'm sure they are not Oscar's picks. OK, he needs time to get used to our Championship but why no glimmers of new Spanish signings... I think it's very odd. He must want to be judged on producing a team that he has helped to choose, obviously in conjunction with those he has inherited. But when?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here