Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward - **UPDATE@14:00: signs on season-long loan**

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Stephen Robert Ward (born 20 August 1985) is an Irish footballer who plays for Wolverhampton Wanderers and the Republic of Ireland national football team. With the Irish team he has played in UEFA Euro 2012. He is able to play in a variety of positions, primarily left back, but also in left midfield and as a striker.
Ward began his senior career with Bohemians in his native Ireland, before moving to English Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2007. Featuring regularly, he was part of their promotion to the Premier League two years later and remained a key part of the team since. In June 2013 it was announced however that he is now available for transfer following the club's relegation to League One.[2]

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Republic of Ireland international with Wolves, first mentioned on twitter around 4 or 5 days ago as a potential. Premiership experience.

Good signing I would say!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stephen Ward

Don't know anything about him. Doesn't inspire but open minded . Maxi doesn't look good enough to me so hopefully sure things up

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 13m
#Wolves longest serving player Stephen Ward has joined Brighton on a season-long loan.
Retweeted 44 times
Expand
steve williams ‏@BIGSTEVEWOLVES 9m
Stephen ward to #Brighton on a season long loan deal. #wolves
Expand
Nick Goff ‏@nickgoff79 9m
Stephen Ward has gone to Brighton on loan for the season. No shock the last two left on the shelf are Johnson and O'Hara.
Followed by BRITISH WEATHER SVS
Expand
SoccerRocks ‏@SoccerRocksLive 12m
Wolves left back Stephen Ward has joined Brighton on a season-long loan. #BHAFC #WWFC

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another Burke punt .. let Oscar bring his own in ffs

Do you really think that Oscar isn't involved at all when players match the ability and profile the club is looking for and we do our best to sign them up ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gets another high earner off the books at Wolves if we are paying towards his current salary. Nothing official from the club yet.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Didn't he used to be with the Albion in the 1970s, and no relation to Peter Ward?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I called this one on the Lewis Dunk to Wolves thread, it was an educated guess but shows transfers can be predictable

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
very good player, always impressed me when I've watched him and I think that's a very clever signing. He's no Wayne Bridge but lets be realistic, whoever was going to replace him was always going to be a step down. I don't think that Ward is too different from Bridge in terms of his style and being a natural attacking player he's definitely not scared of getting forward while also putting in the work to get back. I've got high hopes for him with us (if true of course)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here