Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
If he was fit since December get him in him pay as you play..............simples really.
Would certainly lift the gloom around the club. STOP FAFFING ABOUT!!!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yep. Good idea. The medical staff will be lonely and bored when Liam and CMS are back.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Was thinking about him today I assume he has not signed for a club yet?

Don't think he has. But then you have to say: I wonder why that is? There are enough clips of his sublime moments for us on YouTube to show what he's capable of, so you'd think SOMEBODY would have offered him a 'pay as you play' deal by now.

But maybe in everyone else's mind he's a superbly talented sicknote who is not going to be worth the disruption for the sake of two and a half games a season? :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested on one site that he wants to come back to us in which case he would be the ideal man to play behind and off of Ulloa, there would be no need to sign a striker and the emphasis could be placed on a left back and central defender which Oscar says he needs. We could then stay within the FFP rules.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
It was suggested on one site that he wants to come back to us in which case he would be the ideal man to play behind and off of Ulloa, there would be no need to sign a striker and the emphasis could be placed on a left back and central defender which Oscar says he needs. We could then stay within the FFP rules.

Vicente is a luxury and couldn't be signed in place of a striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? We dont need a striker we need somebody to play in the hole behind Ulloa and allow Buckley and Orlandi to get forward wide. Vicente would be ideal and do the job no problem, provided he was fit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why? We dont need a striker we need somebody to play in the hole behind Ulloa and allow Buckley and Orlandi to get forward wide. Vicente would be ideal and do the job no problem, provided he was fit.

If he came back how long would it take him to reach full match fitness ? Spanish Dave still looks rusty even though he kept up a fitness regime during the off season but missed vital pre-season training at the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club could arrange a couple of closed doors friendlies to get him some match practice as in fact they could for other signings. I think that by he time Oscar has organised the team and got them playing his way which I have always said would be late September /early October he would be ready.

D

Deleted member 2719

If he was fit since December get him in him pay as you play..............simples really.

What is this gloom you speak of???

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

If there is any gloom, signing Vicente on any kind of contract certainly wouldn't lift it. Last season, on the rare occasions he played, it was noticeable that we played far better as a team without him then with him. A big NO from me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The perfect place for him, we could then play a wide man each side of him (two from: Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley, March, LuaLua) and two defensive/deep lying midfielders behind him (two from: Bridcutt, Andrews, Agustien, Crofts, Ince). Stick Barnes/JFC on when he gets tired and I reckon we'd look pretty potent. Let's blow our money on a quality left back and a promising Prem loan to cover CMS/Hoskins.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013

There is no gloom. I'm anti-gloom.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Is that Tony Gloom you that you blight this forum with. If so I think you may have spelt Tony wrong.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm not sure about him. It seemed to me that when he played, he put Buckley out of the game by taking his space. I'm not denying he was a talent, but maybe one we can now do without.
if he was to suddenly emerge in an Albion shirt again, I won't be unhappy nor disappointed. if he doesn't, the same applies.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Fabulous individual player when fit, but personally, given his career record, I'm not sure I believe him 100% when he says he was completely fit from December onwards.

Don't really see the point of having him back: even when he did play last season he didn't really do a lot, and I also feel having him on the pitch hampered the team overall, as it was like they felt they could only pass to him at all times.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Fabulous individual player when fit, but personally, given his career record, I'm not sure I believe him 100% when he says he was completely fit from December onwards.

Don't really see the point of having him back: even when he did play last season he didn't really do a lot, and I also feel having him on the pitch hampered the team overall, as it was like they felt they could only pass to him at all times.

Entirely agree with this. And if you take into account the wages he would still probably demand I really don't believe it is worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here