Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Hairy Cornflake...

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Will this scandal ever end?

Another on the long list of (alleged, definitely alleged) BBC pervs.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Funny, my earlier response has vanished?...............

In essence,

Saville - with hindsight it appears so,

Hall - Didn't see it coming, very sad,

DLT - Please no, hero esque.......

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Between 15 and 29 years old from what I saw on the news. I think this is one where we need to hear some facts before judging

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
DLT was superb....saturday and sunday mornings on radio1 with the cringe, snooker on the radio and loads of other stuff. Bloody gutted about this.

Mind you, i saw him on stage at a Great Yarmouth nightclubs back in the late 80's and he was a complete perv when on stage. He did a miss wet t-shirt competition and was all over the girls in front of hundreds of people !!!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
DLT was superb....saturday and sunday mornings on radio1 with the cringe, snooker on the radio and loads of other stuff. Bloody gutted about this.

Mind you, i saw him on stage at a Great Yarmouth nightclubs back in the late 80's and he was a complete perv when on stage. He did a miss wet t-shirt competition and was all over the girls in front of hundreds of people !!!

It doesn't make it right but that was almost the norm back then, Saville was almost the straw that broke the camels back and ironically one who won't get punished for it, I don't think it's over and we've still got more names to come out.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Cased closed. M'lud

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This thread reminds me of the meltdown DLT had when Noel Edmonds caught him out with a Gotcha (?). Not even sure what it was about but it brought out smiley happy DLT's darker side I seem to remember.

Edit, having found the link on youtube it seems they had to re-record the end, certainly not as I remember it from when I saw it originally???

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Whatever happened to large scale Misogyny like this? I expect DLT was contractually obliged to perv it up big style. He's not going to stand there sucking a thoughtful tooth and awarding points for artistic interpretation. " Ah yes I see the nipple is estanding perpendicular to the aureole, this is emblematic of the raised fascist salute, post Zionist hegemony..Bravo Miss"

Besides, if a girl is in a Miss wet T shirt competition in front of hundreds of people...she probably isn't the shy type and clearly expects a bit of letching...otherwise I don't really see the point.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
it's for others to judge guilt on these things but I can't help but think this is a witch hunt going on and people are now being judged by today's ever so everything is and must be PC on events and things that happened in a very different world and era and things were far less clear cut .....That doesn't make it right or excuse those who crossed lines back then, the law is catching up on them and rightly so, but I doubt there are many people on here who at some time in the past have not had a few scrapes or 'unusual events' as I call them of some kind that at the time when happened were just that and laughed off but if judged by today's standards might look lot less good. At the moment it just seems that anyone whose vaguely well known from the 70's, 80's or 90's is at risk of allegations coming completely out of the blue and to all intents purposes being deemed instantly 'guilty' in the eyes of the public and media - if they attempt to defend and deny they still seem damned from the start and I am sure a few will accept on advice lesser guilty pleas simply because that is probably a lot less risky than facing a jury influenced by what they read and hear. Not sure that's justice.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
I never liked DLT. I thought none of the funniest things I have ever heard on the radio was his on-air resignation. He was bemoaning the way radio 1 was going when, to me, he seemed to be one of the biggest problems.

EDIT: But that has nothing to do with whether he is guilty as charged

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It just seems to me that it was "the norm" for hoards of starry-eyed young girls to hand around these famous radio presenters, and the celebs lapped it up. maybe going too far in hindsight, but at the time, it was all going on. Maybe there were groups of screaming girls at stage doors, and a few "lookers" were ushered in to meet the celebs.

Were ages checked? Of course not.

If you think the DJs is a story that runs and runs, just wait until the dam bursts of stories of what the bands got up to!!!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
it's for others to judge guilt on these things but I can't help but think this is a witch hunt going on and people are now being judged by today's ever so everything is and must be PC on events and things that happened in a very different world and era and things were far less clear cut .....That doesn't make it right or excuse those who crossed lines back then, the law is catching up on them and rightly so, but I doubt there are many people on here who at some time in the past have not had a few scrapes or 'unusual events' as I call them of some kind that at the time when happened were just that and laughed off but if judged by today's standards might look lot less good. At the moment it just seems that anyone whose vaguely well known from the 70's, 80's or 90's is at risk of allegations coming completely out of the blue and to all intents purposes being deemed instantly 'guilty' in the eyes of the public and media - if they attempt to defend and deny they still seem damned from the start and I am sure a few will accept on advice lesser guilty pleas simply because that is probably a lot less risky than facing a jury influenced by what they read and hear. Not sure that's justice.

I do think someone will 'get off' with a defense of:-

It was a different time, with different values (not quite the word I'm after but it'll do).

I'm just not sure DLT is that victim.

... Misogyny ...
Were wet t-shirt competitions ever held in front of an audience that was SHOCKED to see "this sort of thing" happening?

These days, obviously, there's no-one who will own up to having been in the slightest way involved in ANYTHING that happened thirty years ago. My recollection is that, like everyone else, I spent the whole of the 1970s sitting at home, listening to gramophone records and reading uplifting novels.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Were wet t-shirt competitions ever held in front of an audience that was SHOCKED to see "this sort of thing" happening?

These days, obviously, there's no-one who will own up to having been in the slightest way involved in ANYTHING that happened thirty years ago. My recollection is that, like everyone else, I spent the whole of the 1970s sitting at home, listening to gramophone records and reading uplifting novels.

How boring I think I spent most of that time being abused by my Housemaster

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I do think someone will 'get off' with a defense of:-

It was a different time, with different values (not quite the word I'm after but it'll do).

I'm just not sure DLT is that victim.

Victim?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here