Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea subsidise travel to away matches.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Stoke apparently do the same now.

Hope this is the beginning of a very good trend.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
wish more clubs did this,away numbers for most would double imo

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
wish more clubs did this,away numbers for most would double imo

Numbers would swell, that's for sure.

I can't count the amount of away games up I've had to miss because I couldn't fork out double the cost a match ticket just to get there.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Should clubs not be discouraging away travel? Away fans put money into other clubs. Surely you want to encourage more fans to your own ground?

They already sell out the bridge every week, perhaps they realize the value of a vociferous away following's impact on the players. I'd also like to wish anyone who attempts to actively discourage away travel in this country the best of the luck, the protests will be loud.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Contrary to popular belief on NSC, the atmosphere fans create contributes to successes on the field.

Absolutely.

It's essential away support is strong. When away fans make/made noise at Amex, Withdean and Goldstone, it always gets/got us fired up; creating a hot atmosphere. This often reflects onto the pitch.

I'd never wish for away support to reduce at our home games. Not ever.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Stoke apparently do the same now.

Hope this is the beginning of a very good trend.

Not 100% sure, but if I recall Stoke are doing free coaches to every away game? Thought that was simply fantastic. This is a great gesture from Chelsea too.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Not 100% sure, but if I recall Stoke are doing free coaches to every away game? Thought that was simply fantastic. This is a great gesture from Chelsea too.

Yes, coaches, I think that's right. Great idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here