Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT sport now on virgin media

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
For anyone on virgin media, the BT sports package will be available on there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23709325
http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/Stories/Virgin-Media-scores-the-winner-with-BT-Sport-248e.aspx

Virgin XL TV subscribers will be able to watch BT Sport at no extra cost. Other Virgin TV customers can upgrade to Virgin XL TV or subscribe for £15 per month.

Happy with that, moved from Sky this month, will save £500+ over 6 months including cashback and have BT sports for free!

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Excellent! We were on XL but I wanted to downgrade since I was not using most of the channels, this gives me a reason not to.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I've just downgraded from XL to L. Not sure this is going to be worth the extra though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but it's not really "free" is it? Looking on their website, the the aforementioned XL seems to basically get you Sky 1, the ITV channels in HD (useful for the odd Europa League game) and now BT Sport, for £15. Whereas it's £12 on Sky. So it seems like swings and roundabouts to me.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but it's not really "free" is it? Looking on their website, the the aforementioned XL seems to basically get you Sky 1, the ITV channels in HD (useful for the odd Europa League game) and now BT Sport, for £15. Whereas it's £12 on Sky. So it seems like swings and roundabouts to me.

Yesterday the XL package I already pay for did not include BT sport.
Today the XL package does include BT sport and I don't have to pay any more for it.

Free?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
This is a right result, I gave Virgin my 30 days notice a few weeks ago as wanted a cheaper package, Sky gave me a really good deal with everything and then Virgin called me back and offered me a lower price than Sky.

So now im paying less then I was last year, have Sky sports and Sky Movies AND now BT Sport/ESPN! college football is back!

The agreement with Virgin/BT is for three years too.

sonic21

Nov 1, 2009
How much are you paying now ?

This is a right result, I gave Virgin my 30 days notice a few weeks ago as wanted a cheaper package, Sky gave me a really good deal with everything and then Virgin called me back and offered me a lower price than Sky.

So now im paying less then I was last year, have Sky sports and Sky Movies AND now BT Sport/ESPN! college football is back!

The agreement with Virgin/BT is for three years too.

How much are you paying now ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
on it now,superb news and interviewing nooney right this minute

Fantastic news! On a related issue, does anyone know if ESPN America is coming back or has that gone? If it's gone, is around the horn and PTI been moved to another channel?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not only the football coverage that I did not expect, but MotoGP as well, hurrah!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Will be interesting when the main Premiership rights come up in a couple of years. BT have a lot of dosh as do SKY. Although BT have hardly gained any new customers since they signed the contract with the Premier, the vast majority of their numbers have come from forced re-sign up from existing customers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here