Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like Moyes has slipped into Ferguson's shoes PERFECTLY ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
.... moaning already !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23710359

[h=1]Man Utd: David Moyes criticises Premier League fixture list[/h]

Manchester United manager David Moyes says he finds his club's start to the season "hard to believe".
Among their first five games, the champions play Chelsea at home and Manchester City and Liverpool away.

Moyes said: "I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had.

"I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."
He added: "I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure."
Moyes officially took over from Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired after 26 trophy-laden years in charge, on 1 July. The former Everton boss saw his new side win the Charity Shield with a 2-0 victory against Wigan last week. They start their Premier League campaign away at Swansea, before facing Chelsea, Liverpool, Crystal Palace and Manchester City.
Manchester City, who finished second last season, play two promoted clubs, Hull and Cardiff.
Chelsea, meanwhile, will face two teams who finished in the bottom half last season as well as Hull, Everton and Man Utd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Poor attempt at a Fergie style complaint. He's got a lot to learn.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
To be fair, that is a pretty tough start.

It was the implication that it was a "fixed" start just because they won the league that made me chuckle !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm really not looking forward to Mourinho back on our tellyboxes. He's going to be the same mouthy arrogant gobshite, without the results to back it up. I reckon that Russian tool who runs Chelsea will have sacked him before January.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm really not looking forward to Mourinho back on our tellyboxes. He's going to be the same mouthy arrogant gobshite, without the results to back it up. I reckon that Russian tool who runs Chelsea will have sacked him before January.

Why won't he have the results? He's a born winner. And I'm sorry, but he can be very entertaining - him reading out Barca's starting 11 the day before the match was TV gold.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Really ? As the squads stand at this moment, I think they're odds on to in it - an I don't like thm so it pains me to say it. Things could change, though, a couple of big signings here and there. Besides, Jose tends to win the title the first season wherever he goes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think City SHOULD win it, it's all down to how good the new manager is. Their first 11 is scarily good now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure."

Is that really how he thinks the fixture list is drawn up ?

"will play number 4....Fulham. And that concludes the draw for the weekend commencing August 17th. Now, the draw for the weekend commencing August 24th. Number 7...."

Scotch buffoon.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Surely the run in is far more important than the start? And their last 6 games are:-
Newcastle A
Hull H
Everton A
Norwich H
Sunderland H
Southampton A

Bet he's not moaning about that?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For me i think they have a totally unfair end to the season with home ties against Norwich and Sunderland and a final game away to the disinterested Southampton. I mean, which obvious Manurite picks these bloody one-sided fixtures for a title-chasing side?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He was a whingeing bar steward when he was at the Bitters so why wouldn't he carry on as normal? Hate is often over-used but I frigging hate MU, even now Taggart isn't manager, still the same old Mancw**ks: club, fans and plastics. I'd love to see Moyes sacked by Christmas.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Moyes said: "I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

To be fair he does have a point. Giving them more difficult fixtures just because they did well last year seems wrong. It would surely be far fairer if every team simply played each other home and away over the course of the season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At least we've not had a manager in recent times who complains a lot. Oh.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
To be fair he does have a point. Giving them more difficult fixtures just because they did well last year seems wrong. It would surely be far fairer if every team simply played each other home and away over the course of the season.

:lol:

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's like southampton's start last season, isn't it?

First four games:

Man City
Wigan
Man Utd
Arsenal

Why were they punishing southampton last year? They didn't even win the championship...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If it is " The hardest start " they have had in 20 years then surely this is overdue ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here