Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beard or not beard?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
After the non story of Jeremy Paxman and his holiday beard, who amongst you all have one?

Have had facial hair for half of my life and am currently bearded. I suppose it will come off one day but not yet.:cool:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I've had a goatee or full beard the last decade or so, and much prefer having it than not; even though its quickly turning grey these days and my son said I look like Noel Edmonds! Mrs WLP hates it when I shave it all off as, like BBassic above, I look like I'm about 12....so its definitely staying.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I tried once, looked a scraggy mess. I can cultivate a rather convincing "Barry McGuigan Proof of Age Moustache" though.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Only on my days off.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had a beard for about 4 months at the start of last year (started growing it in the Christmas break) and rather liked it. The Grub requested it's removal though.

The only other time was when I spent 6 weeks in India in 1989 and didn't take a razor with me. It came off as soon as I was back in blighty that time, though it was a bit naff anyway and hardly shows up in any photos!

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Beards are OK on tramps, hostages and people in mental hospitals who can't shave because of their straitjackets.

Moustaches are just ridiculous, especially those gay Freddy Mercury ones, which for some strange reason are favoured by a much bigger proportion of policemen than the general population.

What kind of man prats about in front of a mirror perfecting the shape of his moustache when he could be still in bed or downstairs having his breakfast?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had one for years and it seems most women don't like them, could be me that don't like of course..luckily my wife likes beards

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beards
What kind of man prats about in front of a mirror perfecting the shape of his moustache when he could be still in bed or downstairs having his breakfast?

What kind of man wastes time and money every morning shaving when he could still be in bed or downstairs having his breakfast?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I haven't shaved for six years, and will not shave again. It never gets too 'full' though, beard trimmers rule.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Beards are OK on tramps, hostages and people in mental hospitals who can't shave because of their straitjackets.

Moustaches are just ridiculous, especially those gay Freddy Mercury ones, which for some strange reason are favoured by a much bigger proportion of policemen than the general population.

Not at all chap. Until around a year ago I was a once every other day shaver, I now trim my beard for 10 minutes once a month. Time saved = 2.5 hours a month.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Only on my days off.

Were you at last weeks stoning

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Grew a goatee about 8 years ago for fancy dress (Max from Max & Paddy), for a cricket tour. When I returned missus said "actually I quite like it" and I have had it ever since.

Shaved off the beard bit a few years back for comic relief so I would have a large handlebar tache, but that is about it.

I would feel naked without it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here