Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red trousers

My Selwyn has just bought me a really beautiful pair of bright red trousers. I seem to remember reading somewhere that red trousers have caused a bit of a stir recently. There is even a website called look at my F...ing red trousers. I spotted a rather good looking fellow in the west stand lower section wearing a pair last Saturday. I shall wear mine with pride. Why do some people hate them?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They are red with the blood of a thousand bunny rabbits.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Since seeing that website a year or so back whenever I see someone in red trousers I always, almost compulsively, mutter out loud to myself "Look at my ****ing red trousers. It's a compulsion alike to saluting magpies. However, there are far worse things a man can wear, why one only has to attend Pride to confirm this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Since seeing that website a year or so back whenever I see someone in red trousers I always, almost compulsively, mutter out loud to myself "Look at my ****ing red trousers. It's a compulsion alike to saluting magpies. However, there are far worse things a man can wear, why one only has to attend Pride to confirm this.

Saluting Magpies??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Saluting Magpies??

Have you not heard of that, done it since I was a child. You see a magpie and you salute it accompanied by the word "Hello Mr Magpie, regards to the wife". Thought it was quite common?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have you not heard of that, done it since I was a child. You see a magpie and you salute it accompanied by the word "Hello Mr Magpie, regards to the wife". Thought it was quite common?

Might well be and in the deep recesses of my memory a bell is ringing but I don't think I have ever done it.

Usually is i see a magpie i watch the ****er to make sure it doesn't swoop me. Maybe they swoop me because I don't salute them.....I will try it, it has to be better than wearing deeley boppers on my bike helmet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife does this, accompanied by some sort of verse depending on how many there are.

One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy

Its from an old story that sighting a pair of magpies (or more) heralded a new arrival.

Of course it dates from a time when seeing them was far more unusual, as they were freely shot at and killed as pests.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

that is a sussex thing mate....at one with nature , ecologically aware and all that........whenever i saw a fox i used to do a forward roll, slap myself on the forehead with a dead rabbit and eat an eel cake.....

.it's an urge i struggle to resist to this day.

ONe for sorry, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy......I know that one

One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy

Its from an old story that sighting a pair of magpies (or more) heralded a new arrival.

Of course it dates from a time when seeing them was far more unusual, as they were freely shot at and killed as pests.

That's the kiddy, I always assumed she was barking mad, turns out she isn't, or maybe you all are.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
that is a sussex thing mate....at one with nature , ecologically aware and all that........whenever i saw a fox i used to do a forward roll, slap myself on the forehead with a dead rabbit and eat an eel cake.....

.it's an urge i struggle to resist to this day.

Me too. I do a similar thing upon seeing a Palace shirt. I gouge my eyes out and drop to my knees.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That's the kiddy, I always assumed she was barking mad, turns out she isn't, or maybe you all are.

5 for silver
6 for gold
7 for a secret never to be told
8's a wish
9 a kiss
10 is a bird you must not miss

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Might well be and in the deep recesses of my memory a bell is ringing but I don't think I have ever done it.

Usually is i see a magpie i watch the ****er to make sure it doesn't swoop me. Maybe they swoop me because I don't salute them.....I will try it, it has to be better than wearing deeley boppers on my bike helmet.

HAha! You need to glue a live magpie to your bike helmet, it keeps the others away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Post a picture of someone looking GOOD in red trousers. Impossible, as such a photo does not exist.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy

Surely you mean it's from a 70s TV programme called 'Magpie'? Had to sit through that dross waiting for that programme about tractors to start.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think you're only supposed to salute the first magpie of the day you see and only in the mornings, anything other will bring you bad luck or something.

Yes, think that's right. No wonder my life is shit, I've been saluting them all like there's no bleeding tomorrow!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here