Marcos Painter

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very good signing for Pompy if true!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is better than them. I thought he was going to sign for Bournemouth? What happened with that?

He was SHIT in League One for Bournemouth. Never actually played a full match for them I don't believe.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bournemouth thought he was tripe.

I think he is better than Pompey, but if he is settled down South now, I'm sure he will do a decent role for them at the back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Too good for Pompey? ... yes. Good enough for Bournemouth? ,,, no.

Probably League One is his level now.

Marcos was a good solid performer over several seasons for us though, and l wish him all the best.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When he stepped in for Bridge he never lets us down so perhaps we should have given him a 3 month deal and then played him for 60 mins each game whilst we bringing along Maksimenko.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Sure he'll do ok, never his biggest fan but he'll do alright at that level I would've thought - also just seen that Dicker is on trial with Barnsley this week.

I hope Gary Dicker gets a good deal. Very decent midfield player.
Marcos Painter never let us down, really nice bloke too.
Glad he's found a club.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Too good for them. Said that on Twitter last night and had a deluded Nigel and a Pompey fan try to say that Portsmouth are currently a bigger club than us.

May be in League 2 - but they are still thick as s**t.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
When he stepped in for Bridge he never lets us down so perhaps we should have given him a 3 month deal and then played him for 60 mins each game whilst we bringing along Maksimenko.

No, no, no, no, no.

He never made calamitous errors, I grant you, but his lack of pace is catastrophic at Championship level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, no, no, no, no.

He never made calamitous errors, I grant you, but his lack of pace is catastrophic at Championship level.

Correct, and his performance at West ham, was actually catastrophic, but was masked by the incompetence of some of his fellow defenders.

I really do wish him the best of luck and hope he plays well, of course I hope his other 10 colleagues have a nightmare.......

Surely Swindon or Orient should have been interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here