Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fireco Ltd.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yes, don't work for them. Unless you enjoy telesales and harassing people at their place of work trying to sell them whistling door stoppers while your drug-addled 21 year old "team leader" talks to you like shit and orders you to stand up while you're on the phone. Seriously.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes, don't work for them. Unless you enjoy telesales and harassing people at their place of work trying to sell them whistling door stoppers while your drug-addled 21 year old "team leader" talks to you like shit and orders you to stand up while you're on the phone. Seriously.

Figured as much, they were recruiting through an agency I'd not heard of before called Alphastaff. I've got a feeling they just find your CV, change some words in the job description to make it look like a higher level job than it is & blatantly lie about the renumeration.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Figured as much, they were recruiting through an agency I'd not heard of before called Alphastaff. I've got a feeling they just find your CV, change some words in the job description to make it look like a higher level job than it is & blatantly lie about the renumeration.

Pretty much. They'll give you some fancy title but the basic will be about 12k and expect to be out the door if you haven't sold a ridiculous amount of vibrating pillows for the deaf to bed & breakfasts in two postcode areas.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My partner went for a job there and the MD was a sexist pig. The interview process involved helping them solve some of the business problems they has - they're website was crap for example. When she gave them her ideas they said everything was perfect and that she was completely wrong. Completely up their own backsides.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My partner went for a job there and the MD was a sexist pig. The interview process involved helping them solve some of the business problems they has - they're website was crap for example. When she gave them her ideas they said everything was perfect and that she was completely wrong. Completely up their own backsides.

Never hearc of the company, and obviously don't know the scenario, but you have to be very careful doing something like that - someone senior would have either designed the website or approved it, quite possibly the person interviewing you, and any criticism can be taken badly, unless its done poperly, which she may well have done.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Never hearc of the company, and obviously don't know the scenario, but you have to be very careful doing something like that - someone senior would have either designed the website or approved it, quite possibly the person interviewing you, and any criticism can be taken badly, unless its done poperly, which she may well have done.

Oh she was constructive ( I saw her presentation ) and used plenty of reference material showing marketing and web site principles.

As a Business Consultant I see this kind of thing every day. A company call in consultants and expect to get "you're doing everything perfectly" for their money. Rather than taking the constructive discussions as a way to build their business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here