Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Banks in Sussex have a coin counting machine thing?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
As title asks - have a bunch of change i need to collect into some larger notes/straight into my bank

Are there any places around Haywards Heath or Shoreham that do this without either giving me vouchers or charging me a ton for it?

Thanks

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quite a few supermarkets have them, I don't know of any where you specify though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As title asks - have a bunch of change i need to collect into some larger notes/straight into my bank

Are there any places around Haywards Heath or Shoreham that do this without either giving me vouchers or charging me a ton for it?

Thanks

Wise to check. Dumped a load of shrapnel in machine at Saino in T Wells yesterday and was charged 8% and it spewed out a Saino voucher! Felt like I'd been mugged.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Go to your local bank and ask for some coin bags - sort the change into the bags then take them into the bank and just pay them into your account as normal.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Thanks

Bunch of change ? New one on me.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Go to your local bank and ask for some coin bags - sort the change into the bags then take them into the bank and just pay them into your account as normal.

i spent over an hour painfully shoving coins through those weird containers with the electronic total on top that tot it up for you - so i know how much i have. i just want to dump it all into a machine that gives me some money at the end of it without taking half

dont want to go through sorting it all again, im lazy

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Thanks

Sainsbury's in HH has one but I think they take about 10% of your cash.....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Most banks won't take more than 5 bags of coins at a time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and its vouchers

All the major supermarkets have cash counting machines on their premises. The machines are installed and run by Coinstar and take a 7.5 - 8% commission. The voucher that prints out can be taken off the shopping bill at the checkout or taken to the customer service desk and redeemed for money (notes and cash).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
HSBC business bank in Eastbourne has one, I expect other Business banks do too (I'm not a business customer btw).
Had great fun emptying a gallon whisky bottle of coins into it a while back, there was a queue of cabbies behind me and I couldn't resist looking over my shoulder and chirping "just dropping off mate" (what they always say when you toot them for not pulling into a space and just stopping in the middle of the road)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I assume you have to have an account with the bank in question. I always use the machines in Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's to change up coins, great though they are that 8.9% commission they take is a bit annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here