Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick FC

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Was thinking about popping along this season once or twice as it literally is about a 10 minute walk from house. Has anyone ever been before? Have found no details anywhere on google about it, just wondering if you have to pay a a couple quid or can you just stroll in for free, this is something like the 14th tier of English football we're talking about after all.

I know nothing about the Sussex county league in general, is it literally Sunday league standard?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Was thinking about popping along this season once or twice as it literally is about a 10 minute walk from house. Has anyone ever been before? Have found no details anywhere on google about it, just wondering if you have to pay a a couple quid or can you just stroll in for free, this is something like the 14th tier of English football we're talking about after all.

I know nothing about the Sussex county league in general, is it literally Sunday league standard?

Go to this site for more information on the Sussex County Football League

http://www.scfl.org.uk/

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Southwick Boooo! Up the Mile Oak!

:thumbsup:

This! Mile Oak are at home to Midhurst in the county league 7.30 ko if anyone fancies watching the only competitive game in Sussex tonight! Believe it £4 entry for adults. Take a look.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
County League is a decent standard of Football if you fancy watching a live game. To compare it to Sunday League is a bit harsh, its quite a bit better than your average pub team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Arundel FC were good for Junior last season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's a decent enough standard, often it is pace and fitness that will separate these players from the higher nonleagues. Nice little bar (cheap) & tea bar at Southwick. Don't know the entry fee.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I saw Southwixk at home to the mighty Hillians in about 1981. We had a great winger called Austin. Standard of football should be ok, cup of tea should be reasonably priced. I can't recall there being any seats when I went, but may well be different now.

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
Used to be a covered stand with seating on the rec side but some idiot set fire to it a few years back so it's all standing now I think.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
my memory of playing at Mile Oak, was that it was an really awful pitch? probably the worst in the league. Is that still the case?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Correct. The stand got set fire to a number of years back. I'd stick to Mile Oak. Most of the regulars in Southwick football club are a bunch of mongs

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Played for Southwick through youth to reserves to the odd game for the 1st team remember playing against Wimbledon in a friendly ( Warren Barton played) used to have a great set up there in 70s 80s 90s sadly the club and stadium have declined like a lot of Sussex non league football people just aren't going through the turnstiles any more to support the small local clubs, so many more things in life to do on a Saturday now football isn't as big a priority to people now as it was 20 odd years ago
Southwick used to get average gates of around 400 last time I went there were 34 people there with 3 watching from over the fence

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Played for Southwick through youth to reserves to the odd game for the 1st team remember playing against Wimbledon in a friendly ( Warren Barton played) used to have a great set up there in 70s 80s 90s sadly the club and stadium have declined like a lot of Sussex non league football people just aren't going through the turnstiles any more to support the small local clubs, so many more things in life to do on a Saturday now football isn't as big a priority to people now as it was 20 odd years ago
Southwick used to get average gates of around 400 last time I went there were 34 people there with 3 watching from over the fence

Thanks for feedback T Soprano and everyone else.

I did a bit more googling this morning to see that Southwick are in Div 3 for the first time ever after going into liquidation :(

Will go to a game though for sure as they look to ease to promotion this season.

Is there relegation from division 3, if so, where do you end up?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whitehawk are playing at home to Maidstone Utd in Conference South on Saturday. Adults £10 Concessions £5.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thanks for feedback T Soprano and everyone else.

I did a bit more googling this morning to see that Southwick are in Div 3 for the first time ever after going into liquidation :(

Will go to a game though for sure as they look to ease to promotion this season.

Is there relegation from division 3, if so, where do you end up?

There is, you go into one of the 'feeder leagues' which in their case would probably be Brighton, Hove and Worthing Football League. This would probably not happen though as there would have to be a team to replace them and there are only a handful of clubs in the feeder leagues that meet the requirements of the County League so the teams usually just stay where they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here