Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else think the girls may not have been 'forced' into cocaine trafficking in Peru?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Colombian gangsters holding a gun to their heads ready to blow their brains out and forcing them into bringing back 16kg worth of cocaine? I doubt they were strangers to the girls. They probably met them in Ibiza, got chatted up, wined, dined and treated like princesses with huge bundles of cash over the course of a few weeks if they could do a 'run' for them. At the age of the girls, it must have felt very exciting for them travelling to an exotic country without thinking what could happen with the dangers of getting caught.

Whatever the consequences, they've been incredibly naive and their futures look very bleak.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
How could they not know what they were carrying? You don't get a gun put to your head to force you to carry food parcels.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to their "exclusive" interview with The Mirror, it was "a shady Cockney character", in Ibiza who coerced them into this. Not Colombian gangsters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drug-arrests-british-girls-2163013

Nick Cotton.jpg

Case closed!

End of thread!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
It all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Colombian gangsters holding a gun to their heads ready to blow their brains out and forcing them into bringing back 16kg worth of cocaine? I doubt they were strangers to the girls. They probably met them in Ibiza, got chatted up, wined, dined and treated like princesses with huge bundles of cash over the course of a few weeks if they could do a 'run' for them. At the age of the girls, it must have felt very exciting for them travelling to an exotic country without thinking what could happen with the dangers of getting caught.

Whatever the consequences, they've been incredibly naive and their futures look very bleak.

One of things that didn't add up, in the first video after they had just been caught when questioned Melissa said she did not know drugs were in her case yet in the daily mirror today she said

"We never knew until we saw the drugs what it was we were expected to take back.

"We had thought it was either money, guns or drugs but they never told us until the night before we flew back to Lima.

“We were held up in a dingy room and they placed the drugs in front of us.

"The men, all South American, told us to wrap the drugs up tightly in clothes to avoid being detected.

“We were both incredibly frightened and so at that point they threatened us again with our lives to make sure we went through with it.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drug-arrests-british-girls-2163013#ixzz2bz7BDSus
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You know, I think they are b/s'ters. What really annoys me is this. If it were two males there would be NO, and I repeat, NO major coverage in any media forum. You f up, take the consequences in a sexual equality fashion. Do your 5yrs women (not girls) where you are and then come home. It's only fair, you committed the crime there!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
You know, I think they are b/s'ters. What really annoys me is this. If it were two males there would be NO, and I repeat, NO major coverage in any media forum. You f up, take the consequences in a sexual equality fashion. Do your 5yrs women (not girls) where you are and then come home. It's only fair, you committed the crime there!

And that's why these criminal gangs use young, female, innocent looking mules with probably no criminal records, although the quotes from their parents allegedly seem to suggest they take drugs recreationally at home in Scotland.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone else think the girls may not have been 'forced' into cocaine trafficking

My mate is working out there and lives in the same apartment block as one.

He is very surprised by the stories.
Make of that what you will

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
11 kilos? Bloody hell they must have been pretty ballsy to walk through with that lot. They can't have had any room for any clothes.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is what does not make sense if a drugs cartel had made real threats to harm my family before I boarded the plane I certainly wouldn't be shouting my mouth off if I got caught.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Pathetic that the press are running this non-story. If they were smuggling drugs they need to do the time. Suggesting otherwise smacks of the whole Britains can do no wrong shit that surrounded that scumbag who shook a baby to death in the States. By and large the legal process is the same worldwide. Will cost the UK taxpayer a fortune either way re this case.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's hard to see beyond their apparent guilt.

They are presumably guilty of something. How does one end up in Peru smuggling drugs/with luggage full of drugs from a working holiday in Ibiza?

There is a small chance that they are guilty of naivety, maybe?

Obviously impossible to know, but it would be interesting to find out how many successful ops have been done via a plane/airport/sniffer dog.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
We were discussing this at work yesterday have these birds almost been used as a decoy, when they were getting caught where their other people on the flight, perhaps also having had guns put to their heads, who got through customs with larger amounts of gear but better secreted?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'd like to think they are innocent but I'm not stupid enough to believe they went from partying/working in Ibiza, all the way over to Peru and then over the border with heavy suitcases not knowing what the hell was in them. And then afterwards, royally messing their stories up and losing almost all credibility.

If it was 2 guys, 19 and 20. They'd be in prison serving 15-20, end of.

Unlucky girls.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
they aren't the first and definitely won't be the last people who think it is easy job to make £8k money for a weeks 'work' - the stupid thing is did they really think the local customs and police would think it normal for 2 young European ladies to fly in and then fly out of a small Latin American Country without actually staying or having plans for a holiday in the country?! They may as well have worn flashing lights on their heads at their arrival gate saying 'Mules, nick me' as they would have stood out a country mile as drug mules!.......Idiots and as people say, if it were 2 men this would be a non story...if guilty as it looks likely, then let them do time there and when they come back, please lets not see them on day time TV talking about how awful and unfair their 'experience' has been!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
11 kilos? Bloody hell they must have been pretty ballsy to walk through with that lot. They can't have had any room for any clothes.

They would have never got that weight of anything on a Ryanair flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here