Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Centre Forwards.....

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
How is it that someone like Bradford has 7 centre forwards all of decent quality vying for 2 positions and we can't get any. It's sickening.

Bradford City boss Nicky Law is glad to have a glut of striking options going into the new campaign.

Law has signed three new forwards for next season - Dean Windass, Michael Branch and Luke Cornwall - and now has seven players vying for the centre-forward slots.

And he suggested he might be prepared to follow the gung-ho approach that was successful for Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock last season.

Law told the Bradford Telegraph & Argus: "It's an area that I needed to address. We struggled for goals last year.

"Neil Warnock has shown that you can have three strikers playing and another three on the bench. You can burn them out for an hour or so and then bring on three more who are all fresh.

"I don't see anything wrong with having seven centre-forwards at the club and Robert Wolleaston can play up there as well. Competition up front is something we've never had."

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What annoys me even more is that aren't Bradford supposed to be potless???

:nono:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Exactly - they have been completley f***ed and still manage to pull a load of decent signings out of the hat. Why didn'y we go and blow shit loads of money a couple of seasons back. Its made no difference to anyone else.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
MikeySmall said:
Exactly - they have been completley f***ed and still manage to pull a load of decent signings out of the hat. Why didn'y we go and blow shit loads of money a couple of seasons back. Its made no difference to anyone else.

Far from not making it worse, these seem to be the clubs that pull off the biggest and best signings. Although he didn't actually turn out to be very good, everyone wanted Matt Jansen last season when Souness said he wanted to loan him out to Div 1.

Everyone queuing up and who gets him ... flat-broke Coventry, that's who.

It makes me so cross.

:mad:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bradford came out of administration last season by getting new investment so they do have money to spend (unfortunately)

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
but the point is that clubs who run themselves badly seem to end up smelling of roses.

all of course except us who are still paying for mis manangement 6 years ago!!!

dont want to sound like a stroppy teenager but..

ITS NOT f***ing FAIR!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Believe it when i see it El Pres, i'm sure he could get better wages than what DK could ever offer somewhere else...
Would be nice to sign someone of that calibre though :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wise words Beardo. But remember, we paid Kitson a decent wedge last season, and Armstrong is not asking for the same money as him:eek:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I dont think we could afford Alun Armstrong's wages, he'll be on alot more than Bobby............however if crappy old Wrexham can afford Chris Armstrong on a two year contract then I guess anything is possible!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He has one year left on his contract but the tractor boys will pay some of that off. Only problem is that Coventry are also tracking him, but they seem to have gone cold on the deal. He only scored one goal in the 2002/03 season, the same number as Graham Barrett, who signed for........Coventry:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
armstrong_alun.jpg
:clap:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills