Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If your feeling down.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really bizarre signing him on a 1 year. CLEARLY not up to the Prem, might be good enough for Championship. I bet he got offered a longer deal in the Championship but is too proud to drop down.

jackbrown86

Banned
Aug 14, 2013
Why? Because palace have signed the worst player in the prem so things ain't all that bad for us haha

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please lets stop these taking the piss out of Palace threads. They are in a higher division than us by virtue of knocking us out of the competition to get there.

Lets at least wait until they're getting spanked 9-0 every week :lolol:

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Really bizarre signing him on a 1 year. CLEARLY not up to the Prem, might be good enough for Championship. I bet he got offered a longer deal in the Championship but is too proud to drop down.

The fact that someone isn't good enough to play regularly for Arsenal doesn't mean that they are not up to the task of playing in the Premier League.

Chamakh is a very good signing for a relegation fighting Premier League club. It wasn't long ago that he was breaking the Champions League goal record for scoring in 6 consecutive games when he carried Bordeaux through the competition.

I have absolutely no doubt that Tony Bloom would have loved to sign Chamakh if he could afford him. He is considerably better than every striker in the second tier.

The fact that someone isn't good enough to play regularly for Arsenal doesn't mean that they are not up to the task of playing in the Premier League.

Chamakh is a very good signing for a relegation fighting Premier League club. It wasn't long ago that he was breaking the Champions League goal record for scoring in 6 consecutive games when he carried Bordeaux through the competition.

I have absolutely no doubt that Tony Bloom would have loved to sign Chamakh if he could afford him. He is considerably better than every striker in the second tier.

Have you paid up the £200 to REMF yet, or was it £500? I forget as it's been so long since you welched on the bet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He wasn't good enough at West Ham. Your final sentence is utterly lunatic. He's scored THREE goals in TWO seasons. He's an utterly shithouse striker at Prem level (statistically he might be the worst EVER based on the last 2 seasons?), so to assume he's "considerably better than any striker in the 2nd tier" is mayhem at best.

If you are THAT Palace poster, **** off you welching scum. Withholding money from a charity.

Last edited:

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
He wasn't good enough at West Ham. Your final sentence is utterly lunatic. He's scored THREE goals in TWO seasons. He's an utterly shithouse striker at Prem level, so to assume he's "considerably better than any striker in the 2nd tier" is mayhem at best.

That's what happens when you don't get to play football. At West Ham he was directly behind Andy Carroll, and there's no shame in that. What Chamakh needs is a bit of confidence back and Ian Holloway, while not tactically the best, can certainly supply confidence in abundance.

If Palace sign Darren Bent too, they've got a very good chance of survival IMO.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Please lets stop these taking the piss out of Palace threads. They are in a higher division than us by virtue of knocking us out of the competition to get there.

Lets at least wait until they're getting spanked 9-0 every week :lolol:

Haven't got too long to wait , they play Spurs on Sunday :smile:

jackbrown86

Banned
Aug 14, 2013
Jordan Rhodes? Charlie Austin? Bobby Zamora? Andy Johnson? Grant holt? Leo? To name but a few who are better

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also think Marouane Chamakh is the FIRST professional footballer I've ever seen to have a header on goal (missed, obviously) and then the first thing he did upon getting up was SORT HIS HAIRSTYLE OUT. Genuinely.

What's hilarious is he has possibly the worst hairstyle of any professional footballer, yet you can tell he thinks it looks absolutely quality. I LOVE that he's signed for Palace.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Signing him on a one year deal is good business by Palace, he may flop, he may be a star but financially they're covered if they get relegated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He scores less than a goal every 4 games. Oof.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
So , you're trying to say he is better than Ulloa ?

Of course? That doesn't mean that Leo is a bad player, he's just not as good as Chamakh. Chamakh played for 8 years for a top side in the French top division, scoring regularly in the Champions League. In his first three months at Arsenal he scored 10 goals. After that, Van Persie came back from injury and obviously Marouane found his chances limited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here