Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strikers available

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
Papers today have stories about Billy Sharp linked to Sheff Wed and Vaz Te to Forest. Wages dependent surely we should be looking at these kind of players both proven in the championship??????

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should but we don't need them. Not when we have Will Hoskins and Craig Mackail-Smith

Will Hoskins is perma-injured, and CMS out until Oct. Striker needed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd love a bit of Vaz Te, not sure we've got 2-3m to spend on a striker though, remember we've spent that on a striker the last two season- unfortunately one of them hasn't worked out so far.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would love billy sharp to come here very clinical finisher with a proven record at this level

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We should but we don't need them. Not when we have Will Hoskins and Craig Mackail-Smith

But we haven't got either of them have we??? In Hoskins case, maybe never as I read somewhere he may retire from the game and in Cms case not until Oct, so probably won't be up match fitness until Nov. So yes we deffo need 1 striker to sign and maybe even a second on loan.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sharp has always struck me as one of those professional northerner types, hence his success at Doncaster, Scunny, but not Southampton (Sheffield United I think he put too much pressure on himself as a boyhood fan).

He'll end up at somewhere like Leeds or Forest.

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
How do we know that we are not looking at them or similar? Just because the club do not announce everything they are up to, does not mean we are not looking.

Good point and I hope you're right though I suspect not. fee for Vaz Te stated is 1.5m, seems good value to me, though I was in the sun so hardly a credible source!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Good point and I hope you're right though I suspect not. fee for Vaz Te stated is 1.5m, seems good value to me, though I was in the sun so hardly a credible source!

what was you doing in the sun? I was in the sun once, in the Bizarre section, 1992, picture of an EMF concert at the Underworld in Camden. Those were the days

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Will Hoskins is perma-injured, and CMS out until Oct. Striker needed.

But we haven't got either of them have we??? In Hoskins case, maybe never as I read somewhere he may retire from the game and in Cms case not until Oct, so probably won't be up match fitness until Nov. So yes we deffo need 1 striker to sign and maybe even a second on loan.

First I've heard of it...What about Roland Bergkamp...Can't he play?

I'm sure Gus will get someone in on loan if needed.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Vaz Te is a strange one, clearly a talented boy and performed well for Barnsley and West Ham but I just can't see him fitting in to the club attitude wise.
I feel that we don't need another big striker, instead a Jamie Ward type player could be more useful.

But I fear we will end up with Tyrone Barnett.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Vaz Te tore us a new one when we played West Ham, I'd happily have him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here