Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Citys most famous supporter.........

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lenny-Henry.jpg

No disrespect Lenny, you may be one of the funniest comedians of your generation :lolol: and hero to many for your service to the excellent comic relief :lolol: but your boys are going to take one helluva beating on Saturday.

Oscar will have the boys firing on all cylinders for this one, after the hurt the players are feeling after a disastrous start to the season everyone will be pulling together to make amends and unfortunately it's your boys who are in the firing line.

Come on, lets pack that away end and roar the boys on to a victory they desperately need and get our season kick started.

:ascarf:

*Beware anyone travelling to Birmingham on Saturday, St Andrews is set in Small Heath, one of the most deprived areas in the whole country. Exercise extreme caution in and around the stadium, keep all valuables well hidden and get a taxi straight into and out of the immediate area.*

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Isn't Lenny from Dudley?? Surely he must be a Baggies fan?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Isn't Lenny from Dudley?? Surely he must be a Baggies fan?

He used to be West Brom in the 80's but his good friend Jasper Carrott persueded him to be a Blue Nose, hence his blue suit in the picture.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I live just outside Dudley (unfortunately) and its a mix of West Brom and Villa fans with a few Brum fans here and there. Wouldn't hazard a guess as who he supports though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I live just outside Dudley (unfortunately) and its a mix of West Brom and Villa fans with a few Brum fans here and there. Wouldn't hazard a guess as who he supports though.

A good friend of mine lives just outside Dudley, and everywhere you go it's all about Wolves!

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Lenny used to be good friends with a lot of the players back in the days of Laurie Cunningham and Cyrille Regis. He worked an anti-Villa theme into his spoof on Michael Jackson's Thriller video ("They look like they're fans of Aston Villa" was the line, accompanying a shot of a group of zombies clutching claret and blue scarves). More recently in his Chef sitcom-type-programme, he delivered a line along the lines "I'm 35...I like shopping, and sex...and I support West Bromwich Albion". Lenny also appeared in a drama documentary about a drugs rehab centre that ran a football team, based on a team from Glasgow but set in Dudley, presumably to incorporate Lenny and his accent. There's a fine line in it when Lenny's footballing ability is questioned, and he responds with "Oy, I had trials with the Albion, me". Glynis Wright, of Grorty Dick fame, claims that she once shared a car with Lenny on the way to an FA Cup game at Everton, and proof doesn't come much more definite than that.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lenny used to be good friends with a lot of the players back in the days of Laurie Cunningham and Cyrille Regis. He worked an anti-Villa theme into his spoof on Michael Jackson's Thriller video ("They look like they're fans of Aston Villa" was the line, accompanying a shot of a group of zombies clutching claret and blue scarves). More recently in his Chef sitcom-type-programme, he delivered a line along the lines "I'm 35...I like shopping, and sex...and I support West Bromwich Albion". Lenny also appeared in a drama documentary about a drugs rehab centre that ran a football team, based on a team from Glasgow but set in Dudley, presumably to incorporate Lenny and his accent. There's a fine line in it when Lenny's footballing ability is questioned, and he responds with "Oy, I had trials with the Albion, me". Glynis Wright, of Grorty Dick fame, claims that she once shared a car with Lenny on the way to an FA Cup game at Everton, and proof doesn't come much more definite than that.

Used to be Albion, now Birmingham. He was there when they won the League Cup a few years back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Used to be Albion, now Birmingham. He was there when they won the League Cup a few years back.
Nope, he is WBA. However, it gave you a good platform to use the "funniest comedians of your generation" and "hero to many for your service to the excellent comic relief" lines, so you can have this one for comedy artistic license.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
*UPDATE*

400 tickets available on the turnstiles tomorrow, lets fill them up.

Be very careful taking upwards of £20 in cash around the ground tomorrow, keep it concealed until at the turnstiles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here