Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dudman Group

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just seen a story on BBC South Today, about a Russian boat that is under Maritime Arrest at Shoreham Harbour. They have been stuck at the harbour since January and none of the crew have been paid, or the harbour fees.
The closing part of the story was that the boat is owned by the Dudman Group and they are now in administration.This really shocked me, because the amount of lorries that shifted the spoil from the Amex, and the number of lorry loads of concrete that were poured into the construction of the Amex, was by a continuous fleet of Dudman lorries.
How can a company have a contract that big ad then go into administration?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seen a story on BBC South Today, about a Russian boat that is under Maritime Arrest at Shoreham Harbour. They have been stuck at the harbour since January and none of the crew have been paid, or the harbour fees.
The closing part of the story was that the boat is owned by the Dudman Group and they are now in administration.This really shocked me, because the amount of lorries that shifted the spoil from the Amex, and the number of lorry loads of concrete that were poured into the construction of the Amex, was by a continuous fleet of Dudman lorries.
Sticking you're fat little fingers into Russian pies can't be too good for you're long term future.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ignore

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Probably under priced themselves. Don't they own Beeding Cement works?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Perhaps they underpriced the contract to get the work at the time and underpriced it a bit too much!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They ran up huge bills and owed x amount for fuel, vehicle repairs etc. Upset a lot of clients and other business owners and ultimately went pop. They're trading again now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Last season, driving back from the football past the cement works you could see the redundant lorries parked up. How many do you reckon they owned...........50, 100, 150? A lot of money parked up there.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think Dudman wasn't just one company, it was like a multinational that several different arms of business, one might have been doing well but not making enough to subsidise the others, eventually bringing down the lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here