Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I bet the supporters who witnessed "The Hereford game" .......................

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
.......................are not as worried about our start to the season as some on here, are they? I' m not at all worried. Worry was etched on all the Brighton fans faces that day. Please post your pictures of that day in Hereford :thumbsup:

And of course the joy!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: I bet the supporters who witnessed "The Hereford game" .......................

Haven't got any pictures and unfortunately wasn't able to attend but you're so right, that was the most I've ever been worried about a football match. Recent results, the palace loss, they are as nothing compared to that match! It took my nails a very long time to grow back.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watching it was hell but I imagine listening on the radio was much much worse.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
No pics, but I can assure you it was absolute agony. Until the final whistle & then it was blabbing of the highest order.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I was at the Hereford game and most in between, I'm not worried on the scale as back them but I am worried.

I'm worried that Garcia is a massive gamble and could back fire majorly, it's fine lines between success and failure and if we are not carefull we could find ourselves down the bottom with nor enough time to repair the damage.

Here's hoping that come the end of September we look strong and are back to winning ways.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Fair point, though expectation has risen somewhat recently. Still, gives me a good grounding and just enjoying where we are right now is enough for me at the mo. I always get emotional watching the pre match clips with Storer's and Robbie's goals it reminds me where we have come from.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
The moaners are lightweights when it comes to the possibility of oblivion..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Correct. I was there and am not concerned at all.
Could equally be stated that 'Those who were born after 1995 won't be concerned' or 'those who are only on NSC due to school holidays are the moaners'

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I was at Hereford (with the OP as it goes)
I don't see myself as a moaner but I am concerned. At Leeds we were poor and no improvement against Derby. I missed the Newport game but gather we weren't too inspiring.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was at Hereford (with the OP as it goes)
I don't see myself as a moaner but I am concerned. At Leeds we were poor and no improvement against Derby. I missed the Newport game but gather we weren't too inspiring.

Have to take your first hand reporting as given mate.....now I am a "bad fan"..........how are the new neighbours by the way?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't go to Hereford but thought the end was in sight after I saw us lose 1 nil at Scunny the Saturday after Easter , now that was a day to be despondent. :cry:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Watching it was hell but I imagine listening on the radio was much much worse.
It certainly felt pretty terrible - I went round to a mates to listen to it and there was much pacing to and fro :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which Hereford game my first was Peter Ward scoring his first goal and should have had a penalty as well!

Last game of the 96/97 season. Wardy scored on his debut during the 75/76 campaign (50 seconds after the kick-off) . I seem to remember the Hereford equaliser that day should have been disallowed as the ball was controlled by the arm into the net.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I listened to it on the radio with my best mate. I got increasingly drunk, agitated, tearful . . . one moment late on the Sussex radio commentator yells out 'for Christ's sake, kick it up the field' - the commentator! I don't think I've ever been so off my tits (in every respect) as I was that afternoon. By comparison, assisting with the delivery of my son was a piece of piss.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I couldn't go and sat at home listening to it on the radio. The most tense I have ever been listening to or watching an Albion match. Burst into tears at the end too.
This current stuttering don't come close

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I got a lift down from Horsham and was fairly confident of a draw....until the game kicked off. We just did not look like scoring so I couldn't see us getting that equaliser once we'd gone behind. Thank God for that dodgy clearance and speculative shot by Maskell!

The agony until the final whistle was unbearable. Do those of you there remember when the Hereford player looked (from the away end anyway) to be through on goal in the dying minutes and volleyed it straight at Ormerod? Then Maskell missed that 1 on 1 around the same time. At the final whistle, I just picked up a bloke standing near me (wearing the black/blue away kit) and hugged him a lot. And to think that we've had Palace twats tell us that the play off semi was the biggest game in our history.

Another thing that I remember about that season is that we actually won our first game 2-1 after going behind.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
i was at the game and anything that has happened since(on the pitch)does not come close.so we have lost a few games on the bounce i will still be coming back for more no matter what happens.way way to early for any major concerns imo.having talked about the game to friends who couldnt get there that day i think that they went through more stress than those of us that were there.at least we could get involved and play some kind of role as spectators.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Who went to the Hereford game the following season(I think?). That was crap and we lost. Their supporters really didn't care for us that day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here