Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nile Ranger - earning £30 per day (currently)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
NEWCASTLE; BOUNDS GREEN, NORTH LONDON 13th August 2013: Troubled striker Nile Ranger has agreed to pay a £5,000 fine instead of doing community service because he is too busy finding a new club. The former Newcastle United ace, 22, was ordered to complete 120 hours of community service and nine months supervision by Newcastle Magistrates after admitting common assault in April. Ranger - who was released by Newcastle in March and is now earning just £30 a day - said he keeps missing probation meetings because he is touring the country meeting football chiefs and agents. Highbury Corner Magistrates have agreed to change it to a £5,000 fine because Ranger is desperately scouring the country for a club that will take him. -

:moo:

QUOTE=clippedgull;5882888]NEWCASTLE; BOUNDS GREEN, NORTH LONDON 13th August 2013: Troubled striker ...[/QUOTE]
You've not said who's paying him £30pw and for what.
What is 'bounds green' supposed to mean?
Where has the quote come from?

There's so much wrong with this thread!

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
What is he doing to earn £30 a day? WHILST too busy travelling the country to find a club?

Sure Hastings would pay him bit more than that to play, perhaps £50 a day if he sorts himself out

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wish I got that much

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Urgh. I was hoping he wouldn't find another club, but then maybe it is safer to have him playing football than, perhaps, expanding on his criminal career. I thought there was a good chance that he might be turning out for an HMP side - perhaps that is written in to his contract?

If he is/was earning £30 a day (somehow) - it might have been wiser to save his £5k and squeeze in the community service. A shame he was given such leeway. Manual labour was clearly beneath him.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So they sign him less than a week before he is due in court for charges of rape??

Just read on BBC that they have put in some rather stringent caveats regarding the case

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus. I wonder what it would take for football to actually turn its back on a player?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here