Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swann vs Pietersen

Who's more of a knob out of Swann and Pietersen?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who's more of a knob?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pietersen gave an interview after the third test when he scored his hundred and I thought he came across as fairly humble.

I think Pietersen's days of antics are fairly much behind him. He realises he's on the homeward stretch of his test career and can see all the big milestones in sight, i.e. 100 caps, overtaking Gooch for most runs. I hope he'll remain focused on the test side because we simply do better when he's in the team.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Pietersen gave an interview after the third test when he scored his hundred and I thought he came across as fairly humble.

I think Pietersen's days of antics are fairly much behind him. He realises he's on the homeward stretch of his test career and can see all the big milestones in sight, i.e. 100 caps, overtaking Gooch for most runs. I hope he'll remain focused on the test side because we simply do better when he's in the team.

I remember hearing an interview with another player that knew KP and he said that you had to get to know him properly to see what he was like, and until then he could come across as the arrogant figure he is often portrayed as by the media. He also said that he is a genuinely nice and down to earth guy.

I don't think either of the are particularly knobish and there are much worse sportsmen to create a poll about

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I really should work as KP's press secutary, I think. I'd do a better job than he currently does. For the record, I think he is very, very misunderstood both by the public and the majority of his teammates. He's also the most exciting and possibly best batsman I've seen playing for England in 20 odd years of watching them religiously.

I find Swann's jack the lad antics extremely tiresome.

What isn't in question is they are both supremely talented cricketers.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There needs to be "neither" option to this poll. I think it would be winning the vote.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Neither. Both great players, and both important personalities within the England camp.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I quite like them both. Sorry.

Au contraire. Swan is ok, (apart from the fact he is keeping Monty out of the test side), but as for KP ... he is the knob to end all knobs. Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'arrogant'. In my opinion he should of been banned permanently by the England selectors after that 'texting' incident with South Africa a few years back. There are several batsmen capable of taking his place, and doing at least as good a job as him, and just as importantly, showing a lot more compassion and humility.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There needs to be "neither" option to this poll. I think it would be winning the vote.

I quite like them both. Sorry.

Neither. Both great players, and both important personalities within the England camp.

So all of you think that both of them don't have a SINGLE knobbish bone in their body? You don't think either of them have ever done anything in their whole lives that could be construed as "acting like a bit of a knob"? The question is worded very carefully. Not which of them is a knob. Which of them is MORE of a knob.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Do you not think either of them is even 1% of a knob?

The question is who is MORE of a knob between the two.

No more than anyone. Funny how the media paint Peterson, and while there is probably a grain of truth in some of it, when you listen to him talking he comes across completely different from what you'd expect if you just read the ppers. Still, he stands up for himself and that gives the media a target, so let them get on with it if it mkes them happy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So all of you think that both of them don't have a SINGLE knobbish bone in their body? You don't think either of them have ever done anything in their whole lives that could be construed as "acting like a bit of a knob"? The question is worded very carefully. Not which of them is a knob. Which of them is MORE of a knob.

I don't consider either of them to be A KNOB, therefore I'm not really fuss about weighing up which is 'more of a knob'. Swann can be a bit too laddish, which probably balances with KP's tendancy to give his wicket away carelessly to shit balls, because he can't be bothered to concentrate. Or with Cook's selfish spunking of reviews on his own wicket. Or with Broad's selfish insistence of using them all up for his spurious lbw shouts. Or with Trott's occasional habit of risking the team's match position to plod along when he gets himself in a bit of a rut.

None of them are perfect. Or 'knobs'.

Jimmy Grimble

Shit thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here